Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Test - Scared
      #40496 - 09/21/02 12:25 AM

I got the blood drawn yesterday. My unsafe incident of sex without a condom happend 8 weeks ago. At 6 weeks I got real sick with flu feeling, swollen lymph nodes, cough, sore muscles, etc..

I know 6 weeks is toward the end of when ARS can appear, but now I have pain in my groin area on both side, as if my nodes were swollen - would they hurt if they were swollen?

I will get the answers Monday. But, just am pretty nervous right now.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jackie_Blue
Veteran

Reged: 10/26/00
Re: Test - Scared new
      #40499 - 09/21/02 12:54 AM

Waiting for results is the hardest part. Might be a good weekend for a road trip. Grab your wife, girlfriend, boyfriend, best friend, or old high school buddies. It will keep you away from the computer. It will keep you away from the cell phone (leave it at home). Find some place new to explore. It won't stop you completely from fretting about your results, but it will give you other things to focus on.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: The ARS virus new
      #40501 - 09/21/02 02:04 AM

It may be the ars virus not hiv. Nothing to worry about it will pass no need to test. Hope that helps.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Test - Scared new
      #40504 - 09/21/02 02:46 AM

She is right. Noone will know until a 3 month test. Even then I myself question results. I am not saying that they are not accurate for I always believed in them in the past when I took one. But recently I had all Symptoms of HIV infection I mean rash severe mono fatigue, stomach problems sore neck painful grion sore throat you name it i had it all starting 1-2 weeks after encounter. I never felt anything like it in the past but i continually test negative after 3 months. I havent been the same since, I believe that there are strains of HIV present in the US that are said to be rare to US but that doesnt mean they are not here. If subtype B made it here, how come others arent here too? Think about it I am really scared I hope the best for you in your situation, try but I know it is hard to get it out of your mind i cant. Good luck keep us posted please

Jackie_Blue
Veteran

Reged: 10/26/00
Re: The ARS virus new
      #40520 - 09/21/02 10:55 AM

You're correct in the fact it could be another virus almost all virus' have non-specific symtoms. I'm sure there are hundreds of harmless virus' out there that can make you feel bad for a while. I also seems quite possible that these virus' can be passed between people by close contact such as sex, think about colds, mono (the kissing disease, etc.

But there isn't any such thing as an 'ARS virus'. Acute Retroviral Syndrome is the term used to describe a collection of NON-SPECIFIC symptoms that a person MAY have while they convert to a sero-positive status after being infected with the HIV virus.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: The ARS is a virus new
      #40538 - 09/21/02 01:37 PM

I caught it last year.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1450

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3