Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Veryworried
Unregistered

Vaginal infections and HIV ?
      #39650 - 09/09/02 06:39 AM

Before starting my relation with my boyfriend, both were tested for HIV and other STD, but when we gave up the condom I started suffering from candidal infections. Can I relate it to HIV ? We´´ve been monogamous for two years before the test ? Can I relay the test done two years after my boyfriend´s last risky encounter ? I am really worried.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jackie_Blue
Legend

Reged: 10/26/00
Re: Vaginal infections and HIV ? new
      #39652 - 09/09/02 06:48 AM

You can be sure that HIV isn't in the picture from your previous negative tests and you've been together for 2 years.

It's quite possible that you're boyfriend is unknowingly re-infecting you. I've heard of a few instances now where a woman keeps getting infections. Turns out the partner picked up the infection from her, but since it doesn't affect men as it does women, they don't know and they keep passing it back.

See your doctor and get both of yourselves cleared up at the same time.

Veryworried
Unregistered

#39657 - 09/09/02 08:42 AM

Thanks Jackie for your help. I would like to have a rest about HIV, but I have been looking for information, and the info in the net is confusing, because I have read a case about somebody who didn´t have antibodies and was in fact infected, and I know that my boyfriend had some risky encounters before meeting me. Do you think that tests done two years after a risky encounter can totally rule out HIV ?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#39659 - 09/09/02 09:27 AM

Yes, they certainly can and do rule out infection.

Jackie

Anonymous
Unregistered

#39662 - 09/09/02 09:57 AM

if you both only had ONE test each, there may have been a lab error on one of yours. also, your boyfriend could have been infected since the test. do you REALLY know what he's up to 24-7? lots of people cheat and their partners have no idea. you should test again and/or use condoms.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#39673 - 09/09/02 04:33 PM

I've had problems with yeast and vaginal infections for a while. Like you I've tested negative way beyond the window period. I'm also negative. Try speaking to your gyn and maybe he can prescribe something for you once a month. There are so many things that can trigger a yeast infection...eating too much sweets, not enough sweets, clothing, ovulation and the list goes on and on. Make sure you see a doctor about your infection. It may not even be a yeast infection but cervical secretions.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: No realtionship here new
      #39687 - 09/09/02 11:13 PM

I just don't see the connection??

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3341

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3