Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

neuropathy
      #28021 - 02/09/02 01:24 AM

Peripheral neuropathy is a tingling sensation, pins and needles, that is very, very often quite painful. According
to Dr. Judith Feinberg, it affects the longest nerves first, therefore it always starts in the toes, may progress
upwards to involve the legs and may also involve the fingers. Peripheral means that it occurs in the lymbs. In
general it is symmetric and affects both parts of the body equally. Let me remind you that it occurs in only about
8% of those undergoing ARS.

I had symptom very similiar to this for 2 weeks. Although I tested negative at 25 weeks, im still worried.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
PaulB
Unregistered

Re: neuropathy new
      #28029 - 02/09/02 08:47 AM

If you tested negative at that time, you do not have HIV, it's official, and there's no need for further testing. See a neurologist perhaps.

Just one question: did those symptoms appear after you started worrying about HIV?

The reason why I am so concerned is not because I think you might have HIV. You certainly don't. The test is very accurate. I also have neurological symptoms that persist, even in the absence of other physical symptoms. But I don't think it's neuropathy. Perhaps you have heard of anyone who has something similar to my symptoms?

I have vigorous chaotic twitching in many muscle groups, which people can observe. I also have a fine internal tremor, that normally starts in the abdominal region and involves my back and legs. I do have mild tingling sensation here and there sometimes, when the tremor comes, but they are not painful at all. It's as if I am being tickled. Very often the tremor is accompanied by rumbling in my stomach.

It follows some kind of a diurnal pattern and intensifies at night. It's quite difficult to fall asleep with it. My doc has ordered a blood test and it was absolutely normal. Normal white blood cells, lymphocytes, erythrocytes, platelets, etc. According to him it's "benign fasciculations" syndrome. But it's certainly not benign when your whole body is shaking!

Any idea of what it is? I bet you've been reading lots of sites on the net etc. I'm just trying to find out. Does this sound like a symptom of HIV?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#28037 - 02/09/02 12:14 PM

Yes, I had read about joint and muscle pains which I attributed to this. It started at 65 1/2 weeks. First it was just pain in my wrist.(thought maybe carpal from working on comp at work). Then other wrist. eventually felt like arthritis in toes, wrist, and fingers. Then i started getting weird sensations(like the one described in neuropathy) in about every joint in my body but they would be brief sensations.(it was constant like in my toes, fingers and wrist) Then got these akward muscle pains(kinda like spasms) all over my body. They would be very short go away, and i would start feeling elswhere on my body. Anyways this lasedt 3-4 weeks. Look, i know this isnt a commen symptom of HIV but it was wierd enough to make me worry. Im 21 yrs old and never had history of arthritis. Of course i had many other symptoms on the list but i wont go into them. Im pretty sure based on my negative tests that it has nothing to do with HIV. if its not hiv then im pissed at my body for manifesting symptoms like this. (LOL) a I would not even have been worried in this window period if it wasnt for the symptoms. I was extremely stressed for the first 3 months, could this have anything to do with this? anyways, i always though of myself as psychologically stable and even laughed at the fact that people were worried about symptoms despite negative test. NOw i know exactly what there talking about. This is our health and it's only natural that we worry. anyways good luck people.

PaulB
Unregistered

#28040 - 02/09/02 12:33 PM

According to my docs, I'm likely to be negative. However, the symptoms are so real that I cannot believe they are due to stress. JUST CANNOT! Same here, I used to be mentally sound (well, almost) and I do not believe that my body can be playing such tricks on me!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3559

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3