Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
sillygirl2014

Reged: 01/15/14
HIGH RISK ALL SYMPTOMS ARS
      #274783 - 01/15/14 09:38 AM

I HAD SEX WITH A GUY 10 WEEKS AGO I DO NOT KNOWN HIS STATUS THEREFORE ITS A HIGH RISK. I WAS DRUNK NO EXCUSE BUT WE ALL MAKE MISTAKES. IT WAS VAGINA SEX I DO NOT THINK HE CUM INSIDE ME BUT I CAN NOT BE SURE ABOUT THAT OR PRE-CUM.

IT WAS 10 WEEKS AGO.

SINCE EXSPOSURE I HAVE HAD ALL THE SYMPTOMS. FIRST NOTICED WAS A SWOLLEN LYMPH NODE IN GROIN WHICH HAS BEEN PERSISTENT AND STILL HERE TODAY. THEN SECOND WEEK FEELING UNWELL, NAUSEA, WATERY POO. THEN ITS BEEN ON AND OFF WEAKNESS, TIREDNESS, DRY SKIN, MUSCLE ACHES, SOFT STOOLS, BLOTCHY RASH, WEIGHTLOSS, SORE TONGUE, RED SPOTS ON ROOF OF MOUTH, HOT AND COLD CHILLS, NIGHT SWEATS, ACNE, SORE THROAT, WHITE TONGUE,YEAST INFECTION, BLURRED VISION, ITCHY SKIN, PPSORIASIS ON SCALP, GENERALLY UNWELL FEELING, HEADACHES, DRY MOUTH, STOMACHACHE AND ADOMINAL PAIN, FEELING COLD, TINGLING IN HANDS AND FEET, JOINT PAINS, DRY SCABS BEHIND MY EAR AND FLAKING EAR, FORGETFULNESS AND LOSS OF CONCENTRATION.

ANY HELP OR ADVICE WOULD BE GRATEFUL.

I AM FEMALE, 28 YEARS OLD.

LOVE FROM BIANCA

Edited by sillygirl2014 (01/15/14 11:27 AM)

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
regularguy86

Reged: 01/14/14
Re: HIGH RISK ALL SYMPTOMS ARS new
      #274785 - 01/15/14 11:16 AM

I've had all of those symptoms also but tested negative after 3 months. Should read my post titled HIV nightmare. Not to scare u but u should get tested and the wait can be a bi%@%

sillygirl2014

#274786 - 01/15/14 11:18 AM

I will read it now. Did you have swollen nodes?

sillygirl2014

#274787 - 01/15/14 11:20 AM

Your exsposure was protected though so you had no risk at all

crabmanModerator

Reged: 03/10/11
      #274790 - 01/15/14 11:53 AM

The CDC places your risk at 10 in 10000. Yes you had a risk, but in the grand scheme of things, it's not that great. Try blood transfusion exposure with a risk estimate at 9,000 in 10,000. Now there's a huge risk.

You also need to keep in mind that it is not unheard of for a partner to find out they have HIV, possible for a while, but when the other partner goes to test, they have remained HIV negative. For all the fear HIV generates, it's really not that easy to get.

Now all that being said...unprotected sex is a risk. One you should test for. If you've read any of my posts you know that I don't bother with people's symptoms. Risk assessment and a final test result are all that matter.

You could test now. If you did have HIV you probably would have tested positive if you had taken a 6 week test. A negative at this point isn't going to change, but for peace of mind you should take a 3 month (12 week) test. You only have two more weeks. You may just want to wait and get that conclusive result.

crabmanModerator

#274791 - 01/15/14 12:05 PM

RegularGuy -

You had protected sex. You have a conclusive negative result. What does that mean? It means YOU DO NOT HAVE HIV and condoms do the job.

I understand you have let your fear of HIV get out of control, that is your issue. But that doesn't give you the right to put your fear issues on to other people.

I guess you missed rule number #2 from the "The Rules" posted by the Admin, bartleby.

"2) Symptoms are unreliable. The standard window period for HIV testing is 12 weeks or three months after your last possible exposure. If infected, people generally develop HIV antibodies by weeks four to six. If you are testing negative outside of the window period, it means you're negative. If you refuse to believe your test results, then there's nothing we can do. "

It would seem that was written just for you. Now, since you don't have anything useful to add to other posts and there is nothing we can do for you since we don't deal in Cybercondria, there is really no reason for you to continue to post. I would suggest you walk away from the internet. But since worried wells such as yourself rarely do the mentally healthy thing, I sure you will stay. You certainly may do so....in the background. Post again and I will ban you from posting.

Edited by crabman (01/15/14 12:18 PM)

sillygirl2014

#274792 - 01/15/14 12:10 PM

Thanks crabman I will test at 13 weeks so it is conclusive. I have not read any of your posts. I also no that you can not go on symptoms but all that being said everywhere states a swollen node is 99% the first symptom so to have that along with all the other symptoms one after another for 10 weeks straight and still have the swollen node it makes you feel like you no the answer before you even test.

What does generalized swollen nodes mean? And if you did have to would one be painless and not grow over the weeks and another apear for a week painful in a different place goaway and then come back a couple of weeks later? Curious and your the expert.

sillygirl2014

#274793 - 01/15/14 12:13 PM

Hi this post274791 is not for me is it

crabmanModerator

#274795 - 01/15/14 12:30 PM

No. That was Regular Guy. I edited that post to include his name as the one I'm posting to.

Again, as far as your symptoms. They prove absolutely nothing. Generalized swollen nodes means that EVERY node in your body is swollen at the same time. What you have is a single node, which only indicates a localized infection. They tend to take sometime to reduce in size. Besides, those lymph nodes swell for hundreds of reasons. That's what they are suppose to do. Do you think you have HIV every time your node swell under your chin when you have a sore throat?

Secondly ARS stands for ACUTE Retroviral Syndrome. That's the name given for when the body is seroconverting. Symptoms, if any come on ACUTELY and leave in the same way. They all come at the same time and self-resolve in a week or so. If you are having continuing 'symptoms' 10 weeks after the fact, then those are chronic and have nothing to do with HIV seroconversion.

See why a discussion about symptoms is useless?

sillygirl2014

#274796 - 01/15/14 01:04 PM

Thanks for taking time out to reply crabman.

I think I get it so if any symptoms were to apply which not everyone gets they would come together and go together.

But the node has been persistant but what your say for example: nodes, nausea, loose stools, aches, rash, sore throat etc.

Not a node, then aches n pains, then nausea, then rash etc

They come together and go together not one after another.

It does not answer that question anywhere on the net so thanks for answering it.

Godbless

Live love laugh

crabmanModerator

#274797 - 01/15/14 01:20 PM

Really, you couldn't find anything about ARS on the net?

http://aids.gov/hiv-aids-basics/just-diagnosed-with-hiv-aids/hiv-in-your-body/stages-of-hiv/

ACUTE INFECTION STAGE
Within 2-4 weeks after HIV infection, many, but not all, people develop flu-like symptoms, often described as “the worst flu ever.” Symptoms can include fever, swollen glands, sore throat, rash, muscle and joint aches and pains, fatigue, and headache. This is called “acute retroviral syndrome” (ARS) or “primary HIV infection,” and it’s the body’s natural response to the HIV infection.

During this early period of infection, large amounts of virus are being produced in your body. The virus uses CD4 cells to replicate and destroys them in the process. Because of this, your CD4 count can fall rapidly.

Eventually your immune response will begin to bring the level of virus in your body back down to a level called a viral set point, which is a relatively stable level of virus in your body. At this point, your CD4 count begins to increase, but it may not return to pre-infection levels. It may be particularly beneficial to your health to begin ART during this stage.

It is important to be aware that you are at particularly high risk of transmitting HIV to your sexual or drug using partners during this stage because the levels of HIV in your blood stream are very high. For this reason, it is very important to take steps to reduce your risk of transmission.

sillygirl2014

#274798 - 01/15/14 01:36 PM

No sorry you miss read what I put. Yes I have read accute symptoms on line and that is why I posted my risk exsposure.

What I couldn't find on line is if symptoms come together or one after another. In my case I had symptoms wk2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9 and 10. Nausea, runny stools, leg ache were in week 2 lasting 2 days maybe 3 max. I have had the aches from week one though and all the other symptoms have been spread out over the weeks one after another. The rash was maybe week 8.

But you just said they dont come one after another.

I will test week 13 and let everyone on here no my results.

What does ART mean? You just wrote in your last reply.

crabmanModerator

#274799 - 01/15/14 02:09 PM

ART = Antiretroviral Therapy

sillygirl2014

#274800 - 01/15/14 02:14 PM

Do I need to do ART now

crabmanModerator

Re: HIGH RISK ALL SYMPTOMS ARS
      #274801 - 01/15/14 02:27 PM

No. It's what they call the medication treatment given to HIV positive people. Any HIV positive person taking antiretrovirals are said to be on ART or HAART (Highly Active Antiretroviral Therapy).

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2695

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3