Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
s19

Reged: 01/02/14
cheating husband and HIV risk
      #274670 - 01/06/14 01:34 AM

i recently discovered that my husband cheated on me, on that occasion the condom broke, a day (22hours)later he had unprotected vaginal with sex me and ejaculated in me. on the day of his affair he did the rapid home HIV test which was negative.. two weeks after, on the 15th day i had body aches (more severely back pain), on and off fever, plus an irritating throat for 4 days, on th 19th day i developed some itchy maculopapular rash on both side arms, upper breast, neck and face (was not red though). further more, on the 21st day i started feeling some upper abdominal cramp, that felt so hard and provided major discomfort.... are this symptoms similar to ARS?am i at major risk? its also important to note that this symptoms have been coming in between 2-3 week post exposure, i'm currently on the 24th day post exposure and going through the abdominal discomfort. my husband mentioned that on that affair, he had two experiences, one- the condom tore on the side (midway) of the penis and he removed immediately(3 seconds) after hearing a popping sound, and the second it slipped away but mostly still offed protection on the base of the penis.thanks for the advise and continue with the good work

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
Re: cheating husband and HIV risk new
      #274671 - 01/06/14 08:24 AM

What your feeling physically is what stress causes. You'll read it time and time again in postings here. And the suggestion is the same as it was for others, when in doubt get testedin a few months. But more importantly is whats going on with your relationship with your hubby.

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

s19

#274674 - 01/06/14 12:02 PM

thanks riverprincess, your message sort of helps to lighten up my mind a bit.....another thing, how would you rate his exposure, when condom bursts and he removes within 5 seconds? is the exposure still great? thanks for the continuous advise

riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
      #274678 - 01/06/14 06:46 PM

Lets put it this way, it's more difficult for a male to become infected by a woman . Not impossible but more difficult. I seriously doubt there was any risk. But I would not say to rule out being tested in a couple of months even if just to put your mind at ease. But I would ask hubby to definitly get tested , for your sake . He owes you that at least.

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

s19

#274681 - 01/07/14 01:01 AM

thanks again riverprincess. i says he got tested 24 hours after exposure with a poca rapid test, and a at 5 days again and both tested negative.. my biggest concern is, i understand thats too soon after exposure and at that time tests do not pick it up. three months just seems ages away, if i get tested at 6 weeks with a rapid HIV 1&2 antibody poca test, will it be reliable at that point?. thanks again

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1898

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3