Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
thatdude2009

Reged: 01/05/14
Can you get HIV if precum/semen gets into your nose?
      #274667 - 01/05/14 10:29 PM

Hi. So I think I have put myself at a high risk situation. I read a similar post on here In the forums but it doesn't really answer the question.

Can you catch HIV if precum/semen gets in your nose? I've seen health websites mention if it gets in contact with mucous membranes (eyes,nose,mouth) that is a risk.

Here is my scenario.

Me and a partner were doing some body on body bumping with our underwear on. We DID NOT do any kissing/making out, oral sex, or anal sex. Just the body on body bumping. But he had some precum in his underwear and I decided I wanted to smell it. So I put my face down there and inhaled (I'm attracted to the smell of male pheromes). I then asked what his status was and he told me he was positive but undetectable. (He said he had been undetectable for a year) After that we ended things.

However 10 minutes later after I was fully dressed, I used my coat sleeve to wipe my nose because I had an itch and I could still smell semen. I"m concerned it got into my nose. Am I at risk? Please help

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
HIV2Scared

Re: Can you get HIV if precum/semen gets into your nose? new
      #274668 - 01/05/14 10:39 PM

After engaging in actual high-risk behavior, I've done A LOT of research about HIV. My answer is: absolutely not. Precum has a lower concentration of HIV than semen itself, and HIV does not survive outside the body. You are not in any way at risk of HIV. In the future, don't have unprotected sex with positive individuals, and you'll be fine. Continue to smell precum if that floats your boat.

thatdude2009

Re: Can you get HIV if precum/semen gets into your nose? new
      #274669 - 01/05/14 10:54 PM

Thank you for your fast reply. You are awesome. Again thanks!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3699

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3