Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
jamessc80

Reged: 01/02/14
Queries about symptoms
      #274631 - 01/02/14 10:54 PM

Hi, I had an heterosexual encounter with someone else about 45 days ago, and I am at the risk of the exposure, i did use condom, but before i took off my condom, i used the tissue to wipe off the vaginal fluid on the condom, and without a second thought, i re-used the same tissue again to wipe the head of my penis, and at that time, the tissue was very wet with vaginal fluid. And the person who I had sex with also express shock when she saw me used the tissue to wipe my penis, and I have a bad feeling about that, I just took another tissue and clean the dick.

after a while, I had some wine after a week from that exposure, and next day I felt my muscle very sore, and also got a dry mouth, and whitely coated tongue, and it worsen when I had some coffee, so I stop both alcohol, tea and coffee.

I am not sure whether it is a mild fever not, but I can feel general discomfort afterward, and I am so worried and went to get a test done on 17th day , and it came out as negative. However, there is a window period there, so I believe the result may not be accurate.

And on 24th day, I start experiencing some jaw pain, just under my ear, left side was more severe, when I woke up in the morning, and start developing a mild yet still perceivable sorethroat when I press on the lymph node. The doctor also can feel there left side lymph node is slightly swollen, but the explaination given is some unknown virus infection, and prescribed me Amoxicilin to relieve the symptom.

And from there, my symptom is fluctuating, I can felt more pain in my muscle, limbs and neck, and when I was doing gardening with my back facing the sun, I got sun burn on my neck and arms (where area is not covered by clothes), and this is very unusual. And another unusual thing is when I lift some heavy thing, like a heavy basket, the area where the nails attached to skin, the gap seems to be widen, like the skin that holding the nail is being pulled back. The skin also seems to be more sensitive than before, like the rash will easily appear when I touch some chemical or dirt or even tears when I was crying, but it will go away after I wash it.

However, sometime I can feel a chest pain where it nears to Thymus area, and some flat, not so visible hidden purple rash appears nearby as well, and the doctor simply just discard it as virus infection, and my worrieness just some kind of unnecessary anxiety.

I did some rapid test myself at home from those test kit purchased from internet, on 32nd day, it came out - , but still I think maybe it is not on the radar due to the window period, I also continuously seek doctor check out whether there is other problem, but the mononucleosis result came out - as well.

I also have a dark stool as well, and I am not sure whether this is due to the virus development to the my GI system, and causing the damage and make it bleeds, so my excretion is always that dark, some time dark green, and it might link to liver ?

so to sum up , my symptoms up until now are as follows:

1. muscle pain (joint pain - not severe, neck sore and stiff, where it nears to swollen lymph node on the left)

2.unusual skin dryness or sensitivity

3. persistent white tongue and dehydration of the mouth

4. swollen lymph glands (neck, and also a slight lump above my puvet ), and some minor pain / discomfort near to my armpit and groin area (where they near to lymph node area)

5. chest pain (sometime, when i press on it )

6. dark stool, and I always have a growling stomach since then

guys, i m so worried , do you think i m getting worse in my condition , will the acute period leapfrogging to aids without passing the latency period ? I am 32 , male.

Edited by jamessc80 (01/02/14 10:55 PM)

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
Re: Queries about symptoms new
      #274637 - 01/03/14 03:06 PM

First of all Hiv , once exposed to air , dies. So your tissue incident is nothing, as for just about everything else from stool to easily sunburning , antibiotics are the cause. The more you look for " symptoms" the more you'll find. Take a total break from the worry and you'll see every thing go back to normal.

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

jamessc80

Re: Queries about symptoms new
      #274697 - 01/08/14 05:16 AM

Hi Riverprincess , thanks for reply.

I have stopped med couple days ago, and my muscle pain getting severe, the stool turned out to be normal, but was a bit constipated.

My muscle pain turns out to be like stinging pain on random part of my body, but the stiffness of the neck is there for sure all the time.

About the random bit , I can feel the sharp pain in a sudden occassionally, not always , it was like the needle pricking from inside out from the bone to the skin, does that signal something ? And after I stopped Antibiotic, my throat start feeling mild pain again, both muscle and throat pain will get severe when I was in the cold room ( air-conditioner and windy area), and I am afraid of cold weather, chill? I guess?

And another query is, will the rapid test kit accurate ? Is there any pre-requisite before you can test this yourself? like not having any food intake or etc certain hours before you do the test ?

jamessc80

Re: Stilll not comfortable with test result, since symptoms still persist new
      #276036 - 04/21/14 01:31 AM

Hi

Here is some update since my previous post,

The last screening test that was done in end of last month 31/3/14, it came out "-" , but I still experiencing pain and ache, the pain and ache are so severe, particularly in shoulder and neck, but the condition is on and off, and I also constantly feel the armpit pain and soreness, and the pain can radiate to the chest and neck, and apart from those area, my limbs can feel the pain as well in different time, and the soreness and tightness become more severe during the cold weather or in air condition room.

The doctor says my ESR should be very high if I experiencing those severe pain, while my screening test of ESR is 2.

However, I notice there is a dropping trend of my while blood cell count,

in 2011 my WBC is 6.5 (before high risk exposure)
in Dec2013 my WBC is 5.2, Jan2014 is 4.9, and Mar2014 is 4.6,

and the detail of my WBC ratio also have some dramatic change
2011 - neutrophils is 69 , lymphocytes21
Dec2013 - Neutro is 64 , lymph 27
Jan2014 - Neutro is 49, lymph 38
Mar2014 - Neutro is 47 , lymph 41

my platelet also drops from 210 to 174 (Dec - Mar)

and my forehead becomes more oily and have pimple like bump, and after the hot shower, the redness from those pimple spots become more obvious, although the redness settle down in an hour or so, but the bump still there and the forehead will become oily again in few hours after I wash my face.

So in other words, is it possible that a person got infected , but the hospital screening test might not be accurate ? say if like the antibody cannot be generated? or the amount is too insignificant to be detected?

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1733

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3