Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
swimr200

Reged: 12/29/13
Recent contact, unsure of what my risks are
      #274603 - 12/29/13 10:34 PM

Hell all, first i want to thank you for taking the time to read this. I am a young gay man and i am more educated about hiv than most young gay man are. I have a friend that i recently engaged with in sexual contact. He is HIV + on meds and has an undetectable viral load. We didn't engage in sex, but we blew each other and rimmed each other. Before we started doing anything i took one of his HIV meds just to be safe and when he ejaculated none of it touched me. Though when i was rimming him his anus did have a tear on it, which my mouth had been in contact with. Am i at risk? should i be worrying? i get tested each month regardless if i have been sexually active, but the last thing my friend said to me was to make sure i get a viral load test, and he stopped answering so i kind of panic'd and freaking out a little bit. Any advice?

Thanks

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
crabmanModerator

Reged: 03/10/11
Re: Recent contact, unsure of what my risks are new
      #274609 - 12/30/13 08:37 AM

Oral is exceptionally low risk and rimming is not considered a risk for HIV, but there are other STDs that can be easily transmitted. Him having an undetectable viral load also lowers any risk in an almost riskless situation.

I'm not sure why you feel taking just one of his meds will provide additional safety. While pre-exposure prophylaxis is used, it requires taking the medication every day. Mostly it is used when one partner is positive and the other is negative.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 498

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3