Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
tar3643

Reged: 07/28/13
Scared to death! Need some advice! *DELETED*
      #273200 - 07/29/13 12:03 AM

Post deleted by tar3643

Edited by tar3643 (07/29/13 03:51 AM)

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
kicker

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
Re: Scared to death! Need some advice! new
      #273204 - 07/29/13 01:32 PM

I can understand how someone with an apparent anxiety disorder would get worked up over this. Let's face it HIV is a big bad monster. A modern day version of a vampire. People have sex at night with unknown stranger just to find out a few weeks later that they have the curse. (Maybe a werewolf would be more appropriate, but the vampire works on the blood and poking level better)

Why shouldn't you be worried everyone else is?

Well you shouldn't worry, because beyond a shadow of a doubt you have tested negative for that specific encounter. People don't keep up with the latest news and information and allow their own bias to fuel their fears. That is why you are getting conflicting information. The facts remain the same though you have tested negative congrats.

Now if you really want answers and to get relief from your symptoms I suggest talking to a licensed therapist who may be able to help you with your anxiety disorder.

Good luck and hopefully with a little work and effort on your part you can overcome this.

tar3643

Reged: 07/28/13
      #273207 - 07/29/13 10:12 PM

Then why did the LPN say to test up to the 6 month mark? Everyone else said the 3rd month test was good enough. I'M FREAKIN SCARED! Can someone get the acute hiv symptoms after almost 5 months after the possible exposure? I don't know if these are actually symptoms of it but I have a small rash about a half dollar size under my armpit and it almost looks like it was rubbed raw but it doesn't hurt and hardly ever itches, I don't know if it's a heat rash or what but i've been told it kinda looks like one, my throat is red but doesn't hurt, just burns a little every now and then, a dry cough like i'm clearing my throat, and i've had a low fever around 99.5 but I don't get the chills or nothing like that. None of these symptoms started until around a week ago and my possible exposure was March 4th. Can severe anxiety make it take longer to test positive? I don't see my new therapist until Aug 12th for the anxiety

kicker

#273210 - 07/30/13 09:51 AM

Again not everyone keeps up to date with the latest information including even HIV drs sometimes. They are human too and are busy as well. Just because someone is in the medical field doesn't mean they deal with any particular illness daily, weekly, or even monthly. The lp may have been repeating information she heard years ago.

Your symptoms mean nothing as far as HIV is concerned. They are a product of your anxiety, stomach problems, and heat. Again I suggest the help of a mental health professional to overcome this.

crabmanModerator

Reged: 03/10/11
      #273213 - 07/30/13 10:21 AM

The notify moderator button is to report threads that are scams or posted by denialists. It is not to be used just because you want more answers to your post.

Mine answer is no different than what you have already received. Now let's not waste anymore time on an issue that has been resolved with your previous test results.

kicker

#273214 - 07/30/13 10:26 AM

@crabman thanks I was just coming back to add that.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1343

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3