Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Wesher11

Reged: 06/17/13
What are the odds that I will contract HIV from skin rashes/irritation?
      #272571 - 06/17/13 11:03 AM

I had red rashes/skin irritation on my inner thighs and scrotum, and I had sex with this woman with condom, but I worried that her vaginal fluids got on my rashes on my inner thighs and scrotum, if she is HIV+ and the fluids get on my rashes, will I get HIV? I mean I'm not even sure if she's HIV+ or not, but I just want to put it in the worst case scenario.
The rashes came from Lysol wipes that I used a day ago to clean up after I had sex with another woman, I didn't know any better, but now I know I shouldn't use it to clean my body, so the lysol wipes burned my skin and caused rashes/irritation on my inner thighs and scrotum, and then I had sex with her today.
And later on today I can see my inner thigh has dark patches, and it's getting bigger, is this an STD or is it from the Lysol wipes? Will it heal and go away if this is from the lysol wipes? Thanks.
So to summarize my question:
1. If the woman is HIV+, can I get it from having sex with her with a condom but her fluid gets on my skin rashes on my inner thighs and scrotum from the lysol wipes I used the day before?
2. And much later today, I begin to see dark patches getting bigger around my inner thighs, is this from the lysol wipes or is it some kind of STD, and if it is from lysol wipes, will it heal and go away?
thanks

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
kicker

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
Re: What are the odds that I will contract HIV from skin rashes/irritation? new
      #272572 - 06/17/13 11:45 AM

The Lysol wipes caused a chemical burn on your skin where the first maybe 7 layers of skin cells were burnt off. (Pretty much like a facial chemical peel the ladies love.) difference here is that in that area the skin is more sensitive than on the face. The dark patches are in fact scabs without red blood cells. (Just plasma)

HIV can not and will not transmit this way. Lysol also won't protect you from stds either. Nor was it ever intended to be used in such a way. Try baby wipes next time if you really need to wipe away anything or a sanitizing wipe like they give in diners. Even those won't be of much use but at least the slight alcohol smell will give you peace of mind.

Wesher11

#272573 - 06/17/13 12:17 PM

Thanks for the reply, much relieved.
I thought I could use the Lysol wipes because it says to kill 99% of viruses and bacteria, on the back of the container it says it will kill herpes virus.
So the rashes and irritation of my thigh and scrotum skin touching her vaginal fluids wont transmit HIV right? What about other STDs? Pretty sure not herpes because the wipes kills it right?
I've wiped my genital area and hers before we had sex.
And if I want to be sure that I didn't get anything, how long after this can I do a complete STD/HIV test?
Thanks

kicker

#272574 - 06/17/13 12:50 PM

This is why you should always read fine print. It says it kills 99.9% of viruses and bacteria on hard Non-porous surfaces. Your skin is anything but hard and non-porous.

You actually may have put yourself at greater risk for stds. Like herpes by breaking the outer protective layers of skin with the chemical burn. As far as HIV still no way no how. Other stds it's anyone's guess. What you did was actually increase the odds a lot.

Test in about two weeks. What I suggest is you don't find any more dates while your skin is healing. When it starts to clear up then get tested for all stds. The skin healing time should go with the two week wait. If its extremely irritated go see a dr. They can prescribe something to promote healing and hopefully keep it from getting infected.

Incase you haven't realized it yet. Very very dumb move. While you're waiting for it to heal you may want to go to public health and ask them about safer sex and stds. Learn something rather than use half cocked home remedies that put you at even greater risk for stds and other infections.

Wesher11

#272575 - 06/17/13 01:09 PM

Right now I just put on hydrocortisone, and the skin on my scrotum started to peel off.
Will definitely get tested in 2 weeks, but 2 weeks time isnt sufficient to get tested for HIV, but you said that HIV will not get transmitted this way, so should I still get tested for it in 6 months or so, if I did have HIV from it and do HIV test in 2 weeks, will it show up?
One last question, since I didn't know if the woman has anything, maybe she's clean, but if she has some STDs, is it possible not to contract anything from her at all from what I did? Like can you give me odds as in 1 in how many that I have contracted anything? I've read Dr. Frascino's posts and he gave a figure of very high odds that you can get any STDs.
Thanks

kicker

#272576 - 06/17/13 01:31 PM

You're asking to give odds on something that you don't even have all the variables to. It would be like me asking you to give odds as to what my chances of winning the county fairs pie baking contest are. Without knowing if I even submitted a pie, how many contestants there are, what pie I made, etc. Just can't be done with any degree of certainty or accuracy.

Hydrocortisone isn't exactly the best for your problem see a dr. You need more than that for a chemical burn.

As far as testing. Again HIV isn't an issue unless you had unprotected sex. You said you wore a condom. So testing for HIV would be for nothing more than the experience. Unless you have had unprotected encounters before and have never tested then by all means test now. That will tell you whether you're negative or not. If not it was from another time when you didn't use protection not the above described encounter.

Other stds. Well the odds for them went out the window when you decided it was a good idea that you use Lysol. They are formulated with the assumption that you are perfectly healthy and didn't have a chemical burn. The outer layers of skin provide a barrier from infection. You stripped it away leaving cells that are susceptible to infection.

You really should take my advice and visit a public health clinic six month testing hasn't been the standard for testing in almost a decade. Just to give you an idea how off base your perceptions are compared to what we know.

bartlebyAdministrator
Admin

Reged: 01/19/10
      #272578 - 06/17/13 04:12 PM

HIV is not transmitted this way. you do not need to worry. the odds are 0. as for your rash, continue applying cortisone and it'll go away soon. take care!

--------------------
Bartleby at The Body
Bulletin Board Administrator

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 8532

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3