Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
marylee

Reged: 06/16/13
I need help from a Hetro poz guy
      #272561 - 06/16/13 06:06 PM

Are ther any heterosexuals poz guys that was infected by a female. Can u tell me how long after being infected did u find out and did u have any symptoms?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
kicker

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
Re: I need help from a Hetro poz guy new
      #272562 - 06/16/13 07:42 PM

Test 6 weeks from last exposure. Only way to truly know for sure. Symptoms are totally useless when it comes to initial HIV infection. They resemble well over 2000 other illnesses and conditions. Some people don't even have noticeable symptoms.

marylee

Reged: 06/16/13
      #272563 - 06/16/13 09:40 PM

Hey thanks for the response. Im asking these questions for my son the whole family is worried for him he had got really sick 2 weeks after unprotected sex with this girl he started dating then we found out she was poz she fled the city het tested negative at 3 months after exposure so like u said hes in the clear I hope. His symptoms: sorethroat/fever/nausea/jointpain/stiffneck/dryskin/blurryvision/ now he is having problems with a white tongue and brow pigments on the scelera of the eye. He mention that after sex with her he noticed a open sore on his penis on the frenulum.he tested negative for every sti. so do u guys know what he could have contracted from the unprotected intercourse that would give him those symptoms? thanks for the help.

kicker

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
      #272566 - 06/16/13 11:03 PM

If he is clear of all sti and tested out at three months then his symptoms need to be discussed with his dr. Like I said well over 2,000 illnesses and conditions are causes for those specific symptoms (fever, etc). He needs to be evaluated by a dr in person.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 959

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3