Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Mcity1

Reged: 06/14/13
Wher to from here?
      #272535 - 06/14/13 09:13 AM

Exactly 4 weeks ago i had protected sex with a stranger having come from drinking so after i had not ejaculated we stopped and I TOOK OUT THE CONDOM and threw it at the couch and she left an hour later unplanned at all an x-girlfrend of mine knocks at da door and she slept at my place in the heat of the moment i ddnt have condoms and reused the one i had used earlier which was very dumb, after which i felt the condom was dry i took it out and we went on to do it witout protection and this girl i know shes - but the gal of earlier shes possibly positive,now the after the x-girl left about 10 hours after dat i felt abdominal pain then started with acute diarhea which lasted for two weeks with abdominal pain always, so as from the 4th day after the encounter my joints and muscles started to excrutiate in pain den was get hot flashes then terrible headaches and my eyes virtually were failing light, den swollen neck or lymph and a bit under the armpits from der flu like symptoms with heavily blocked nose and breathing was significantly a problem recently im just fatigued daily wen at work now the point of my story is the x-girl is also going through the very same symptoms so i suggeted we go test and told her what happened we both went its been 4 weeks after the encounter the test result is Negative yes im definitely going to test again in 6 weeks with her just wanted to here any views on this oh an i forgot to add that yes i had a mild white patch on my tounge and at present i have a red spotty rash on my face, neck and spreading a bit on my chest

Edited by Mcity1 (06/14/13 09:16 AM)

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
kicker

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
Re: Wher to from here? new
      #272536 - 06/14/13 11:36 AM

The "notify moderator" button is not something you use to have us at your beckon call. It's use is to alert us of spam, offensive posts, and suspicious activities.

Your symptoms don't mean anything as far as HIV is concerned. Test at six weeks as planned.

Mcity1

#272538 - 06/14/13 01:18 PM

Thanks very much and i'm particularly sorry for the "notify moderator" button now i know, and i am not using the Internet to diagnose myself i've never been afraid to test and yes if i play with fire i'll get burnt and i joined this forum as i read a lot and find this Forum quiet interesting and i will for sure return and notify of my results

bartlebyAdministrator
Admin

Reged: 01/19/10
      #272539 - 06/14/13 03:31 PM

if it helps put you more at ease, reusing a condom, though ill-advised, is not considered a risk for HIV. as kicker said, your symptoms are not HIV related. your negative result it unlikely to change.

--------------------
Bartleby at The Body
Bulletin Board Administrator

Mcity1

#272640 - 06/20/13 11:18 AM

as per replies dat it cannot be HIV related i'm wondering now what it could be as my nails have gotten very darker and my skin colour is darkening each day and my throath is hell evryday with a constant dry cough and recently waking up to a sweat daily well fatigue is the name of the busines daily, few lumps on my scrotum and head, wonder if in 6 weeks if it's clearli negative what next will i be tinking it is, if it's positive i would reali love to start ARVS, this is really sad

anotherday

Reged: 05/15/13
Loc: Alberta, Canada
      #272641 - 06/20/13 11:46 AM

Well if your testing negative and yes go at 6 weeks, but did you ever consider that maybe you just caught a serious flu bug and have passed it onto your girlfriend too. How about the other girl is she having symptoms, maybe she had the flu and gave it to you.
HIV cannot be diagnosed with symptoms, but a flu sure can, I recommend just going to your doctor or a drop in medical clinic and get some flu meds! See what direction that takes, and of course your 6 week tests as planned!

--------------------
anotherday ... in paradise!
daily ponder ... be the reason someone smiles today!

Mcity1

#272743 - 06/26/13 06:00 AM

So it's been 6 weeks since possible exposure an i just went for a rapid test, like 30 minutes ago and the results are NEGATIVE which is super good but now it's just basically a 3 month window period for another one. I'm just wondering in the mean time if one should start directing focus on trying to find out what else one could have, thats causing such devastating symptoms, and a question is it likely that when i go test in three is the a possibility for a shock in getting different results.

crabmanModerator

Reged: 03/10/11
      #272744 - 06/26/13 07:25 AM

Hey congrats on the negative. It's not at all surprising since you had protected sex and therefore didn't have a risk, even with reusing the condom. But at least you know that you've never been infected in the past.

Considering your lack of risk level and your negative result, I'd say you don't even need to test at 3 months, but I know you will. It won't change.

As to should you start to look at other causes for your ill health, of course you should! I don't know why you've waited this long.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1252

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3