Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
worryingsick81

Reged: 06/02/13
sinus infection...
      #272482 - 06/11/13 03:16 PM

dont mean to repeat myself here but i have a sinus infection (bacterial) on antibiotics now and its been about 6 weeks since i put that thermometer in my mouth at the clinic.i've been sick for about 2 weeks!!!!...even reading it, it sounds ridic to me but i have never had a sinus infection in my life and its just really worrying me. should i go test in July (the 3 month mark) to rule out that the thermometer didn't give me anything??

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
kicker

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
Re: sinus infection... new
      #272483 - 06/11/13 03:36 PM

Maybe I'm missing something here. I forget what originally set you off on this HIV phobia, but apparently it wasn't a justified fear. (Meaning you didn't become infected from whatever.)

Now you're afraid of a oral thermometer giving HIV even though they used a cover? So what you have never had a sinus infection before it was bound to happen eventually unless you planned on dying very young. What is "ridiculous" is the fact that you can't see a pattern. Every and any reason to say "see I got it".

No matter how many times you test until you confront whatever it is that gave you this phobia you are never ever going to be done looking for HIV. Whether you want to admit it or not what will end up happening is you will eventually put yourself at risk on purpose just to stop fearing it. Kinda, "well it's gonna happen anyway" mentality.

Do yourself a favor and put it away. Learn about HIV rather than come here and claim you have it because you have green boogies. If symptoms were ever reliable in diagnosing HIV we wouldn't spend billions a year on testing and upgrading tests to detect it. Don't see testing done for the flu or the common cold do you?

worryingsick81

#272484 - 06/11/13 03:44 PM

good point and thank you for the reply. i guess the timing of this infection is just worrying me a bit i guess. then again the weather here has been very inconsistant and of course i have anxiety with this whole issue so could very well be my worst enemy. im very skilled and knowledgable about hiv risks, and ways of transmission yet the stupid "what if?" tape is on in my head...that's the real problem here i suppose. this has happened more than once in my life. i have no idea what the onset of this fear is...especially cause i never put myself at risk for this disease...its a huge mental fuck....but the irrational side of me doesn't get it....i know i need some therapy for this issue...i just have to find the right person for it...cause apparently theres a ton of people out there who test obsessively and cannot believe their results....i trusted my last results in april but i am just being cautious wondering if i need just one more test to put this thermometer worry out of my head!

kicker

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
      #272485 - 06/11/13 04:10 PM

Sorry to tell you but if you are concerned over a thermometer you haven't learned much about HIV at all. You may think you have and had you this wouldn't be a phobia. You'd be able to tell yourself how ridiculous it is without someone else telling you.

Also here you are saying you know a lot but still want to test to put your mind at ease. Really? Why keep repeating the same thing over and over again. I'm willing to bet after that test you will find another reason to test. Stop. Learn. And get therapy.

worryingsick81

#272486 - 06/11/13 04:12 PM

you're really right.
i need to stop.
thanks. i wish it was as easier said than done.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1290

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3