Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Wiss

Reged: 06/07/13
Please need help
      #272418 - 06/07/13 01:43 PM

Hello,

Please, I would like an expert opinion. First let me introduce myself I a male 27 years old i m from lebanon and i work in Saudi Arabia and kindly note that i can't get tested in Saudi Arabia because if any cases the result is + i would be treated very badly, anyway 3 weeks ago i was in my country, i went to a bar, i met a girl there and we had a protected vaginal intercourse but the condom broke and i think there was an ejaculation in her vagina and i was on the top.

When i came back to Saudi Arabia after 1 week i had sore throat and stuffy nose and night sweat, i spent 1 week in saudi arabia and i had to go back to lebanon because my grandfather died, i stayed there 3 days and came back. it s been 3 weeks since the possible exposure, the stuffy nose and sore throat is still annoying me i went to a doctor he said maybe caused by the weather changes and dust and because the stuffy nose i m breathing from my mouth causing this infection and he gave me anti inflammatory, but seems my situation isn't getting any better.

My questions are

Are Stuffy nose, sore throat last more than 2 weeks ARS symptoms? Or it is because of dust and desert weather changes and difference in weathers between my county and Saudi Arabia's one?
Please note that ii experienced night sweat twice in the last 2 weeks and it s not the first time since i always have night sweat from time to time

I won t be able to get tested until 4 months, so i m little bit worried about it and i need to focus on my work.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
crabmanModerator

Reged: 03/10/11
Re: Please need help new
      #272419 - 06/07/13 02:48 PM

I do understand your situation, but there is very little that can be said to help you. Symptoms are unreliable in assessing your HIV status. Your risk was only between the time the condom broke and when you withdrew. I would say this puts your risk at less than the CDC's estimate of 5 in 10,000 for vaginal intercourse.

Unfortunately the only way to determine your status is by testing. There is no other way.

mustang77

Reged: 03/14/13
      #272421 - 06/07/13 02:54 PM

Well dear,
A broken condom is a reason for concern. Get tested at 6 weeks (Which will give you a pretty good idication of your status depending on the test they use there) And then test at 3 mths,. for a conclusive result. ARS starts if it does 2 -6 weeks, Which does not include Colds.You must also realize that Anxiety and stress cause the same symptoms. I have been in your shoes. Wish you the best keep us informed!! God bless

Wiss

#272424 - 06/07/13 03:01 PM

Well thank you,unfortunately i wont be able to get tested until october my next visit to my country, i can't do it here, if anyhow the result came back positive they might get me in jail and treat me in a very bad way

Wiss

#272425 - 06/07/13 03:03 PM

Thank you, let hope the best

riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
      #272448 - 06/09/13 09:21 AM

I believe that you'll find your results to be fine. Just a gut feeling from a pos person

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

anotherday

Reged: 05/15/13
Loc: Alberta, Canada
      #272453 - 06/09/13 11:10 AM

I'm not sure why doctors in Saudi Arabia would "treat you very badly", doesn't sound very professional. If you are playing around and broken condoms, dude get tested when you get back to Leb. I think your symptoms are just the air and desert heat. If I was living there I would have night sweats and a stuffed nose, that dry air would do that every time, especially if your not accustomed to it and your back and forth from country to country.
October is not a long way off for testing, and the exciting thing is if you actually contracted it, well, you have it why worry. If you believe there is a risk then just go on the asumption you got it and now you have to live with it. Then when you get a negative test in October, figure out how your going to live without HIV!

--------------------
anotherday ... in paradise!
daily ponder ... be the reason someone smiles today!

Wiss

#272467 - 06/10/13 01:02 PM

lol good idea,well i m still a mess, there is alot of dust here, and figure out i have a problem in my nose that forces me to breath from my mouth, so it doesn't seems i ll be ok any soon, and regarding the treatment with an HIV + well it's from the government itself and not the doctors, they might get you into jail, and if you need treatment they won't give it for u

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
2 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1883

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3