Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
Niv
New User

Reged: 06/02/13
I am worried I am infected
      #272382 - 06/05/13 02:09 AM

I have all this symptoms from the 34th day of a possible exposure due to possible breakage of condom with a CSW - fatigue;stomach pain;muscle pain; bone pain; appetite loss; little bit diarrhea ; weight loss of some 5 + kilos in one month , night sweats , lethargy and slight pain in the liver area. Today is the 66th day going. My CBC was normal on my 56th day. I am so much stressed in the thought that I will be positive. My present problem is stress, lethargy, nightsweats , bone pain and fatigue and I don't want to learn anything. Is blood test the only way we will be able to know? But looking at the symptoms can't we say that it's almost certain. And I am having mild flu also now. But stomach discomfort has been my main problem.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
crabmanModerator
Veteran

Reged: 03/10/11
Re: I am worried I am infected new
      #272388 - 06/05/13 07:40 AM

So you want to believe that you have HIV based on symptoms alone. Well if you insist on doing that, then you really need to explain how you are having CHRONIC symptoms during the ACUTE phase of infection.

Based just on that, you have proved that you don't have HIV. Seroconversion doesn't last 34 days. Nor do 'symptoms' come and go or show up at different times.

...and yes, a oral swab or blood test is the only way to know your status.

Niv
New User

#272390 - 06/05/13 09:00 AM

Thanks Crabman,
My Symptoms were like this - Stomach discomfort was there for roughly 20days. And then started my exhaustion for 3-4 days, from the 8th week onwards then Muscle pain and Bone pain came and go but joint pain in my right shoulder like u have for Gout remains even though it also comes and goes.But weight loss was matter of great concern to me as I lost 2.5 Kilograms in one week ( 8th Week onwards), appetite loss is still there but I always try to eat something or other despite the loss of appetite, And I am trying my best not to let it go down by consuming something or other, I managed to hold the weight since the last 3 days, night sweats is there, Throat congestion is also there since the last 2 days. Please let me know what I should be doing now. Its also tough trying not to let the weight go down.

kicker
Veteran

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
      #272391 - 06/05/13 09:50 AM

@niv you want to know the first sign of many many many mental health problems, besides the story the person who has a mental illness changing their story? It's that they don't listen when presented with evidence contrary to their beliefs.

Your first post stated that you had no idea about the status of the condom. Now you are declaring that it broke. You declare that you're experiencing ARS but none of what you described fits ARS because its on going.

You want to discuss your symptoms and believe its one thing then fine find another board that you can do so on. This board has the rule that symptoms are unreliable for HIV diagnosis and that we are not here to discuss them with you. If you're concerned with your status go get tested. End of story. Do not post here about your symptoms anymore. We are not going to cater to your whims or delusions. You were adult enough to pay a sex worker you certainly should be adult enough to go get tested if you feel the need to. Plenty of time has passed the results will be accurate.

I've also have deleted your "cure" post. I'm sure you have no interest in a cure either than your own selfish needs. You are to keep your posts in the "am I infected" area. The other areas of this site are for HIV positive individuals and those who work with, friends of, family of, or truly affected by HIV. You are none of those. You are a worried well who believes in your version of the truth not the actual truth.

So to sum it up. No more posting about symptoms, if you have legitimate questions about testing or how, when, or where they will be answered. No more posting in any area but the am I infected area. As well no more talk like you are seriously affected by HIV. You are not, your affection is fear of HIV not HIV.

anotherday
Regular

Reged: 05/15/13
Loc: Alberta, Canada
      #272392 - 06/05/13 09:54 AM

Well hopefully you enjoyed your time with your CSW, as it has lasting memories I see. A broke condom can really spoil a moment, like my daddy always said "mess around and your gonna get messed up"!
I just surprises me that a few people come on here and seem to have a play by play of "symptoms" from a "possible" time of exposure ... almost reads like this is a planned event.
Such specifics and minute details catalogued, being HIV+ myself I wish I had kept such a detailed diary everytime I had an ache or a pain after sex.
I won't even say this is stress related, as you appear to be not so stressed ... you give it a certain degree of urgency but listing off a bunch of "symptoms" and weight loss (do we all monitor our weight that close).
If you are positive, oh well, be happy about it ... it's too late to be crying over spilt milk (or busted condom), go for a test, simple simple ... stressing about it won't help it, infact if you are seriously stressed that can do more harm to the body than the HIV. If you have it you have it, no turning back now. Set your mind at ease and go to a clinic, get tested and move on!!!

--------------------
anotherday ... in paradise!
daily ponder ... be the reason someone smiles today!

Niv
New User

#272397 - 06/05/13 05:57 PM

Sorry if I am not allowed to vent my problems here. Thought u guys wud help.

kicker
Veteran

#272398 - 06/05/13 06:14 PM

Yup big bad moderator is forcing you to obey the rules. Whoa is you.

Especially since you have been answered with the same answer repeatedly and have asked the same question repeatedly. We have helped, you just refuse to accept the help.

Niv
New User

#272399 - 06/05/13 06:22 PM

I accept the fact that I had sex with a csw which was wrong. But I thought I will be safe with a condom but I believe it broke so I am just tense. With loss of weight, night sweats I am awake now early in the morning just to see what u guys have to say for me.

kicker
Veteran

#272400 - 06/05/13 06:57 PM

No, those aren't quite the facts. Belief doesn't break condoms. Condoms either break and you know beyond a shadow of a doubt that they broke or they don't. They are designed to break so there is NO doubt that they did. Belief isn't needed when they break. They do or don't. It's like saying, "I believe a bus hit me, but the only proof I have is symptoms an upset stomach."

You have asked numerous times about your symptoms, each time you have been told "THEY ARE NOT HIV RELATED." yet here you are asking yet again. I swear I really tried to be nice, but you are denser than molasses at the south pole. So here it is final warning, ask again about your symptoms and you will be banned. You have been warned twice already.

IF YOU ARE THAT CONCERNED GO GET TESTED as has been suggested. We are not here to hold your hand while you chronicle your every waking moment of symptoms. WE ARE NOT YOUR DOCTOR, YOUR PRIEST, RABBI, ETC. You want absolution go get tested, then talk to a shrink. We have been more than understanding and more than patient with you. YOU HAD NO DEFINABLE RISK EITHER THAN YOUR BELIEF, sorry but we aren't buying your belief.

Niv
New User

#272403 - 06/05/13 11:45 PM

I am sorry again for having asked so many questions.

kicker
Veteran

#272404 - 06/06/13 12:38 AM

You can ask questions, just not any about your symptoms.

riverprincessModerator
Veteran

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
      #272408 - 06/06/13 10:07 AM

Niv, Just go get tested if your worried so much . It's scarier not know than finding out after all what the status really is . Just do it my friend , you'll be glad you did really .

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

Niv
New User

#272410 - 06/06/13 11:56 AM

Thanks a lot,
I thought it is safer to take test after 90 days of exposure. I may be be wrong with my assumptions but seeing at the weight loss at fast pace(even though I managed to increase a kilo or two with the high calorie food), slight rash, shoulder joint pain, appetite loss etc. but I am sorry for having complaint so much. I was worried so thought sharing with you guys will do a world of good. Sorry once again.

crabmanModerator
Veteran

Reged: 03/10/11
      #272411 - 06/06/13 03:58 PM

The result from a test done at 6 weeks is extremely unlikely to change. The 3 months is to catch any outliers.

And yet again, remember that ANY discussion of symptoms is just a big, huge, fat waste of everyone's time. You for having to type them all and us for having to keep reading about them.

Niv
New User

#272412 - 06/06/13 08:37 PM

Elisa Test ?

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4484

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3