Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
worryingsick81

Reged: 06/02/13
please can someone help...
      #272334 - 06/02/13 10:04 PM

hello. i unfortunately dont wanna be back here but i have a few questions i really want to ask and get some advice on....well the story goes i recently tested in april for hiv and it came out negative and i was so anxious at the time that i thought i had a fever so a few days later i went back to the planned parenthood and asked to take my temperature with the thermometer not even thinking of a possible way of transmission this way....she def dipped the prong in the solution then put the cover on it then into my mouth....i in fact did not have a fever....i do understand the likelihood of transmission this way even if there was hiv infected saliva or whatnot on the thing would be zero but my anxiety got to me....about a week after that i got a dry throat that worried me and went to check it out and doc said could be allergies, tried the reactine and nothing happened it fizzled away....fast forward to about 5 weeks after and i got a itchy throat, stuffy nose, sweat a bit....no cough....i dont think it was a flu i think its a cold cause i currently have it but its about day 6 and its nearly gone but my throat still feels funny...am i really over thinking this??!! my MIND says the exposure was ZERO but my body is doing all these things even in this stupid window....should i go test for HIV again at 90 days to be sure? but i did this last time....i think i even got sick last time before my test too....wouldnt a seroconversion related cold/flu be more severe? im mostly worrying about my throat cause its not really a sore throat but more like a dry throat....worried about my saliva production....also sometimes when i scratch myself the redness tends to linger for a while even hours......thoughts guys? dont mean to bug you just need some honest advice now.....:(
thanks

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
anotherday

Reged: 05/15/13
Loc: Alberta, Canada
Re: please can someone help... new
      #272337 - 06/03/13 01:46 AM

Your over thinking all of this, a thermometer cannot harbor HIV for hours between uses, let alone minutes even. If the nurse used a protective sleeve on the thermometer that is usually a one time sleeve, not something used on patient after patient after patient. It is the start of summer and the summer flu/cold season, with damp evenings and hot days, a breeding ground for flu like symptoms, and of course the late spring pollen alergies. You really have to just take your tests or take your symptoms to your doctor. If you were negative in April, haven't done anything risky since, your negative now with a cold! Chicken soup and Buckleys!!!
The thought of the HIV test from April has you wondering because obviously you did something you shouldn't have earlier in the year, i wouldn't worry about it, just plan on another test with a doctor, because the honest truth is if you have it, oh well, a test now or 3 months from now will not change anything ... if it's just a cold, go to bed!

--------------------
anotherday ... in paradise!
daily ponder ... be the reason someone smiles today!

worryingsick81

#272338 - 06/03/13 01:51 AM

oh i tested at the 90 day mark from a super low risk activity are you saying i should test again at 6 months to be 100 percent sure...im mainly worried about this thermometer exposing me to something cause of the timeline of my cold and such sorta fits.....sorry....just wanted to make that clear and i really appreciate your input and advice.

anotherday

Reged: 05/15/13
Loc: Alberta, Canada
      #272340 - 06/03/13 02:09 AM

Like I said the thermometer is NOT an issue, and if you really have to go get tested, it's doens't cost anything to test and you can go every month if you want, your making way too much out of all this.
Here in Canada doctors recommend if you are "playing around" or as you call it "low or high risk activities" just set yourself up on a regular test program, like a hooker does! Go and test evey 6 months, not so much to protect you, as your obviously NOT protecting yourself, but for those YOU might be putting in harms way!

--------------------
anotherday ... in paradise!
daily ponder ... be the reason someone smiles today!

mustang77

Reged: 03/14/13
      #272344 - 06/03/13 05:08 AM

from what you have said you have NOT had a exposure. If you wanted to get tested thats up to you if it makes you feel better. Having a cold is NOT a sign of infection. Plus HIV is not diagnosed by symptoms. Sounds like you have anxiety issues which can cause all kinds of illness's continue to be safe!!

worryingsick81

#272371 - 06/04/13 06:56 PM

thank you all for the helpful advice...can i also take comfort in knowing that i did not really have any flu symptoms (achy muscles, fever) and actually just recounted and it would been about 6 weeks post exposure is when i got sick. is that too late in the seroconversion window?

crabmanModerator

Reged: 03/10/11
      #272372 - 06/04/13 07:29 PM

You had no risk. Now quit wasting people's time over this ridiculous scenario.

I can't believe after 30 years there is still this STUPIDITY over transmission risk factors.

worryingsick81

#272377 - 06/04/13 11:01 PM

Thank you for your reply I was just worrying over getting a cold 6 weeks post the uhm... Non exposure I guess.....

worryingsick81

#272443 - 06/08/13 04:28 PM

just got back from doctor a little over a week after i got sick and he said i have a bacterial infection (he didnt swab me though)....he pushed in my face and when i got home my nose started to leak more than usual! wtf. anyways....bacterial infection...more likely not ars right guys?
just wanted to know....

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1238

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3