Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)
neibet

Reged: 04/28/13
Hiv transmission through contact of vaginal fluid with an open wound?
      #271957 - 05/06/13 08:04 PM

What is the risk of HIV transmission through the exposure of an open wound to vaginal secretions.
Assuming i am having a back massage and i have an open injury on my back and the masseuse was sitting naked in my back with her vagina in direct contact with the wound.? Is this risk comparable to unprotected oral sex ?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
kicker

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
Re: Hiv transmission through contact of vaginal fluid with an open wound? new
      #271958 - 05/06/13 08:28 PM

So the story escalates. Lovely. Was the first round not satisfying enough for your delusions. You need a mental health professional HIV is last on your list of personal defects.

neibet

#271959 - 05/06/13 10:10 PM

Kicker i wanted to be specific about one aspect of my exposure as i did find contradicting answers in the internet. I did find your post a bit offending, but the last thing i worry about now is being treated as crazy.

kicker

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
      #271963 - 05/06/13 11:46 PM

Funny that you were very specific about your story before in fact 7 posts specific yet no mention of any wound to your back. Just calling it as I see it. If it was of any concern at all you would've mentioned it in your seven posts refusing to believe what you were told was what you wasted everyone's time on.

You need help but not the kind you get here. Take offense take insult take your ball and go home doesn't matter to me. Just don't think you can continue to waste everyone's time cause your to stubborn to admit you have a problem and it isn't HIV.

neibet

#271966 - 05/07/13 01:45 AM

I was so focused on my genitals exposure to the virus that I completely ignored the risk from the open injury I had. I was so focused on safe sex and using a condom, it did not occur to me that the open injury in my back was the real risk from my exposure. It all adds up now, because i had STDs test after a penis swab and it was all negative because my penis was never exposed. The symptoms i had were coming from the HIV infection from the open wound i had in my back. It is so unfortunate and sad to be infected this while i was thinking all the time i had a no risk encounter.

crabmanModerator

Reged: 03/10/11
      #271968 - 05/07/13 08:30 AM

"It is so unfortunate and sad to be infected this while i was thinking all the time i had a no risk encounter. "

What are you talking about? You have no positive test result. You had no risk. The woman you were with you said tested negative before you were with her.

Be careful how you speak. People might think you have some desire to be HIV infected that you would claim such with no reason. That would truly be crazy.

neibet

#271982 - 05/07/13 07:35 PM

There are two girls involved. The masseuse and my regular partner. My regular partner is HIV negative. The masseuse did not get tested since last year and might be positive as she also works as a sex worker.

crabmanModerator

#271983 - 05/07/13 08:26 PM

You had no risk, so I must ask. So what?

neibet

#271985 - 05/07/13 09:08 PM

The problem is i have experienced all sort of symptoms of viral infection. now most of the symptoms are gone but I am having a reoccurring burning sensation in the muscles of my upper left hand, it is not muscle pain , it feels rather the muscle is burning. Any idea what can cause this ?

ashler1977
Guardian

Reged: 05/18/12
Loc: Europe
      #271999 - 05/08/13 05:41 PM

Quote:

Any idea what can cause this ?

people here are not doctors. I think this is something your Dr. should answer. good luck.

--------------------
Oral Sex: What's the Real Risk for HIV?
http://www.thebody.com/content/art58210.html

riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
      #272021 - 05/11/13 10:54 AM

Don't assume that you were exposed to Hiv. To solve all questions , go to your doctor or local health dept and be tested. As for your hand perhaps you're rubbing your hands out of stress and not even relizing it. Don't veiw everythig as a symptom .

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

neibet

#272022 - 05/11/13 12:15 PM

I have been on levofloxacin antibiotic the last 13 days, i have read online that it might cause similar symptoms as muscle pain fatigue and loss of appetite specially if not taken with enough water.
Just a general question, do swollen lymph nodes hurt to the touch, because the one under my armpit, is not round, it is sort of square shaped hard 2cms in size but not painful to the touch.

neibet

#272038 - 05/12/13 11:48 PM

After doing more research I am convinced contacted the virus.
My symptoms became persistent and reflect what many hiv+ people have experienced after ARS : fatigue, weight loss, thrush, and persistent night sweats, one swollen gland under left arm pit.
I am not sure if i can post already in the hiv+ forums here to get more advice or i need to have my test results first for that.
My next doc visit within a week, he will inform me of my test results.
Is there anything you can recommend for me to improve my health situation while waiting for my doc appointment.?

crabmanModerator

#272040 - 05/13/13 07:16 AM

You are convinced you have the virus, because you want to be convinced you have the virus.

Your understanding of 'symptoms' is woefully wrong. ARS symptoms are NEVER persistent. If they were ARS, Acute Retroviral Syndrome would be called CRS, Chronic Retroviral Syndrome. It isn't.

The symptoms you cite are some that are seen about a decade later with untreated HIV when the immune system is destroyed.

You had no risk. You had a massage which is not considered a way to become infected....even with you scratch on your back.

No. You may not start posting in the HIV+ sections. You don't have HIV and to claim so with such a none risk is an insult to those of us that live with HIV.

crabmanModerator

#272041 - 05/13/13 09:01 AM

Just as I suspected. Your problem isn't HIV. It's your obsession about HIV. I would suggest you get yourself into a mental health counselor to work on your real problem.

You might as well stop posting on here. We can't help you with your problem.

http://forums.poz.com/index.php?topic=48545.0

http://www.steadyhealth.com/is_it_possible_to_get_HIV_from_oral_contact___t149585.html

http://www.steadyhealth.com/Limited_Direct_exposure_to_saliva_risk_of_HIV__feeling_six_6_weeks_later__t171766.html

http://www.medhelp.org/posts/STDs/Swollen-glands-and-muscle-pain/show/1938349

Pages: 1 | 2 | (show all)

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 23776

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3