Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
ms203

Reged: 03/24/13
Hiv and Statistics
      #271576 - 04/08/13 11:55 AM

Ok there have been a hugh leap in recent studies that Gay and Bi-sexual men are more likely to contact Hiv.

My question is , If so why do men continue to do such unsafe sex methods??? I'm a Heterosexual, although I did receive oral from a man before but I realized that's not for me.

I know women can catch the virus from having sex with a man who already has HIV or had sexual relations with men. So can Men and women catch it just from regular intercourse with one another???

Edited by ms203 (04/08/13 11:56 AM)

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
kicker

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
Re: Hiv and Statistics new
      #271577 - 04/08/13 12:06 PM

Us verses them mentality is what continues the spread of HIV in heterosexuals. Women are a ever growing segment of newly HIV infected individuals. And while its harder for a woman to pass it along to a man it is no where near impossible and it happens a lot.

Taking on the idea that if you don't suck on a hotdog your safe from choking is a very stupid approach to staying healthy.

crabmanModerator

Reged: 03/10/11
      #271587 - 04/08/13 05:08 PM

I have moved your thread to the Am I Infected forum because the Living with HIV forum is for those living with HIV and serves a support function, not a place for HIV negative people to try to pick apart those with HIV with inappropriate questions.

ms203

#271589 - 04/08/13 06:03 PM

Sorry Kicker, I was asking a question rather than insulting. Im just curious about this virus and what we can do to help one another. I really wanna help people out

kicker

#271590 - 04/08/13 06:45 PM

I had thought out a long and serious reply, but realized what the problem is here. Get your own fears and bias ideas under control before you even consider helping someone else. Since you obviously are self loathing over experimenting with another guy.

ms203

#271591 - 04/08/13 07:07 PM

not bias Kicker, Im really sorry if I offended anyone in the group. I just wanna know more about this virus. C'mon Kicker, my post was kind offensive but Im ignorant to this virus that kills people on a daily basis. Please if you guys have it in your heart to forgive my ignorant post I would like to ask on a more base level for everyone.

Once again Sorry for the lack of knowledge on my part guys.

crabmanModerator

Reged: 03/10/11
      #271592 - 04/08/13 09:23 PM

"C'mon Kicker, my post was kind offensive but Im ignorant to this virus "

So just why do you think you should be excused for offensive behavior just because you say you are ignorant over this virus.

Good manners is not contingent on understanding the subject.

kicker

#271595 - 04/08/13 11:42 PM

It's not that I found it offensive, I saw it as someone who has scared themselves into such a fear that they are angry and looking for someone to blame. I don't have the energy or means to help that. So hopefully they realize it and move on. No reason to keep fueling it.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2169

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3