Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
jaelitt

Reged: 01/14/13
Is this true
      #271400 - 03/28/13 06:33 PM

this man stated that we actually can come in contact with HIV but if u have a good strong immune system your body can fight it off heres the video link http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WQoNW7lOnT4

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
kicker

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
Re: Is this true new
      #271401 - 03/28/13 06:57 PM

NO NO NO NO NO NO NO.

The video is nothing but a lie based on a fact and stretching it well beyond where it should go. You can be exposed to HIV many times and not get infected, DEPENDENT on MANY FACTORS. Such as if the other person is positive their viral load, your body's ph, their ph, your immune system (Just because you dodged a bullet once doesn't mean you will the second round.) etc.

There is very little fact in his statements. You can't stop hiv from spreading by giving someone a sandwich 3 times a day. Nor can you boost your immune system to a point that it protects you from hiv.

There are a very small group of people who don't have a receptor on their immune cells that HIV likes to use to infect, but I wouldn't suggest experimenting to find out if you are one of them.

If you want to believe HIV can be prevented by proper nutrition, be my guest. You can report back how that works for you.

crabmanModerator

Reged: 03/10/11
      #271402 - 03/28/13 11:18 PM

Yes, it's true that people can be exposed to HIV and not become infected, happens a lot. Otherwise chances of infection would be much higher than the 5 in 10,000 you had.

You have already proven that exposure doesn't always mean infection. I hope this means you will now accept those negative results and move on with your life.

Edited by crabman (03/28/13 11:21 PM)

jaelitt

Reged: 01/14/13
      #271403 - 03/29/13 01:53 AM

my whole 26 years of life never had the kind of symptoms i had. now all of a sudden i get ill with what felt like seroconversion symptoms the symptoms was dead on thats what made me think of HIV is an option after researching my symptoms. only to confront my sex partner and found out she is HIV positive.lORD KNOWS I WANNA ACCEPT MY NEGATIVE RESULTS I EVEN TRYED TO UNTIL THIS STUFF CALLED THRUSH STARTED FORMING ON MY TONGUE. WAS IT POSSIBLE THAT SINCE IM NOT TESTING POSITIVE THAT MY BODY MAY HAVE FOUGHT OFF THE VIRUS OR THE VIRUS COULD JUST STILL BE DORMENT AFTER 6 MONTHS? I KNOW THAT U COULD COME IN CONTACT WITH THE VIRUS AND NOT CONTRACT IT AND I WISH THAT COULD BE ME ONLY IF I DIDN'T HAVE THOSE SYMPTOMS I WOULDN'T WORRY ABOUT BEING INFECTED EVEN THO I WAS EXPOSED. THE SITUATION HAS TOOK OVER MY LIFE AND I WISH THIS MENTAL SO PLEASE DON'T TELL ME TO GO SEE A MENTAL DOCTER.TOMORROW I WILL BE VISITING A CENTER IN CHICAGO CALLED THE CORE TO SPEAK WITH A EXPERT IN PERSON AND LET HIM TEST AGAIN AND EXAMINE ME. IM GONNA KEEP U GUYS UPDATED SORRY IF I SEEM TO IRRITATE OR ANYTHING SORRY

kicker

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
      #271404 - 03/29/13 09:20 AM

HIV is an active virus it never never goes dormant. It is not like chicken pox where it can lay asleep with no damage for years. Even with medication it is always active just very slow. So to think you have HIV even though you are testing negative conclusively, because its "dormant" is incorrect.

Hopefully whoever you are seeing can put everything into context for you so you are able to learn and understand how the virus works. Right now you are letting fear and a lack of understanding of the basic principles of the virus control your life, because you believe HIV is the worse thing out there. That is a failure of imagination. I personally think anxiety is the worse thing out there, it makes you believe in impossible things.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1366

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3