Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
chetan

Reged: 02/26/13
Please help under a lot of stress, had put myself in extremely risky situation
      #270797 - 02/26/13 04:44 AM

Well I am gay and this is the first time I had done sex. The other guy was a stranger and when I asked if we are going to use condom he told me he is clean not to worry. I was bottom and we did anal multiple times. After two days I asked him to do a ELISA test which came out as negative. Not sure which generation was it. But now this guy told me he just had sex 2 days ago before having sex with me. Now I am not sure if he used condom that time and the ELISA test result is of any value at all. Now its been nearly 6 weeks. I am not sure which tests should I go for at this point. Please help. I am really depressed. My best friend just moved to another town. I am not sure with whom to share all this. I have decided never to do unsafe sex again but what lies ahead is freaking me out.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Tamani

Re: Please help under a lot of stress, had put myself in extremely risky situation new
      #270799 - 02/26/13 07:49 AM

Depending on where you live there are many clinics that offer free testing in as little as 15 minutes. But, first stop stressing. Look on google for free hiv clinics near where you live.

spiritflame67

Reged: 02/21/13
Re: Please help under a lot of stress, had put myself in extremely risky situation new
      #270800 - 02/26/13 09:24 AM

You had a possible exposure. Get tested at 3 weeks, 6 weeks and then again at 13 weeks. Most people will test positive within 6 weeks. So if you test negative at 6 weeks, it's a good indicator that you're negative. Most places use 4th Generation ELISA, which can pick up as early as 3 weeks. I hope you're fine and don't stress.

ashler1977
Guardian

Reged: 05/18/12
Loc: Europe
      #270822 - 02/26/13 05:45 PM

Quote:

Well I am gay and this is the first time I had done sex. The other guy was a stranger and when I asked if we are going to use condom he told me he is clean not to worry. I was bottom and we did anal multiple times. After two days I asked him to do a ELISA test which came out as negative. Not sure which generation was it. But now this guy told me he just had sex 2 days ago before having sex with me. Now I am not sure if he used condom that time and the ELISA test result is of any value at all. Now its been nearly 6 weeks. I am not sure which tests should I go for at this point. Please help. I am really depressed. My best friend just moved to another town. I am not sure with whom to share all this. I have decided never to do unsafe sex again but what lies ahead is freaking me out.

a person who does not want to use condoms is a public danger. next time you come across someone who does not want to wear a condom get your stuff and go away from there.

you're six weeks post exposure so a test at this point will give you a very good indicator of your status. if it's negative, then it's very likely you're negative, but you'll have to confirm this result with another test at least 13 weeks post incident. test with a classic blood drawn (3rd, or better, a 4th generation Elisa)

other STIs can be transmitted through unprotected anal so you may test for these as well:

http://www.sfcityclinic.org/stdbasics/stdchart.asp

PLEASE use condoms next time.

--------------------
Oral Sex: What's the Real Risk for HIV?
http://www.thebody.com/content/art58210.html

chetan

#270836 - 02/27/13 03:31 AM

Guys thank you so much for your support. Feel so much better. Went for HIV duo test yesterday report is due for tomorrow. I want god to give me just one more chance will never do it again.

chetan

#270871 - 02/28/13 04:53 AM

Hey guys got my report for HIV DUO test method was VIDAS. The only thing written in the test is "TEST is negative". This is comforting

What should be my next step? Can I consider this confirmatory ?

chetan

#270876 - 02/28/13 12:34 PM

Posting again looks like no one saw my previous post:
Hey guys got my report for HIV DUO test method was VIDAS. The only thing written in the test is "TEST is negative". This is comforting

riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
      #270923 - 03/02/13 11:41 AM

Sometimes folks like to get re-test down the road a spell just for the sake of total re-assurance. And thats ok . So its up to you to do what you feel you need to do . Congrats on your neg result and the best with the future.

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

chetan

#270987 - 03/06/13 09:53 PM

I am experiencing muscle,joint pains and feeling weakness in my legs ? Could this be due to HIV ?

ashler1977
Guardian

Reged: 05/18/12
Loc: Europe
      #270996 - 03/07/13 02:30 PM

Quote:

Posting again looks like no one saw my previous post:

your six weeks result is an excellent indicator and highly unlikely to change. however, you need to confirm this result with a test at +3 months post exposure.

--------------------
Oral Sex: What's the Real Risk for HIV?
http://www.thebody.com/content/art58210.html

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2986

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3