Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
rufio1979

Reged: 01/29/13
ARS Symptoms
      #270395 - 01/29/13 02:07 AM

I had two exposures two weeks ago. Both times were protected,the condoms did not break, one anal w/male me top, and the other vagina w/female, both were sex workers. A couple of days later I started to feel a burning sensation as if something was wrong with me. So I went to the clinic and they gave me some antibiotics. A couple of days later I felt discomfort under my left armpit. But it went away later in the day. About a week after the exposure, I felt a palpable lymph node under my right ear right behind the hinge of my jaw. I also felt as if the back of my right knee was swollen. I was starting to have episodes of when one moment i'd feel ok, the next I'd feel cold and even claustrophobic. The next day, I felt find. But as the 2nd week went on, I started to feel back pain, then muscle pains at different places on my body and the episodes of lousyness continued to the point where sometimes I couldn't sleep in my own bed. A burning sensation in my abdomen, the hinge of my elbows, just this weird sensation at different places on my body. I went to see my doctor, she tested me for Hep B ( i was vaccinated for this before) Hep C, Syphilis,( no signs of chancre) and an HIV antibody ( she said insurance won't do a HIV RNA before an antibody test) ( All tests were negative) now I know the antibody will come up negative because of the window period. But my question is what could this be, the faint pain on my Achilles,under my jaw, my forearm, joints, pressure behind my ears. All areas where they're are lymph nodes. Everything points to HIV. Is this so?My doctor tells me not to worry and calls my symptoms "vague". I now feel exhasted short of breath, lightheaded as if Im sick. Its been 18 days since the incident. What is wrong with me?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
crabmanModerator

Reged: 03/10/11
Re: ARS Symptoms new
      #270397 - 01/29/13 10:08 AM

How can everything point to HIV, when you had protected sex?

rufio1979

#270407 - 01/29/13 07:50 PM

Condoms aren't 100%. I bet there are others who have used condoms and still got it. Some $5 thing can't protect 100% from such a disease, sadly. People might be mad at me for saying this but its true. I'm not saying don't wear condoms of course but i sure wish I stuck to masterbation. I have all the symptoms, I got a rash on my arm today, am having chills right now:(

ak1983

Reged: 01/20/13
      #270410 - 01/29/13 09:03 PM

hey whats up man. I had the same problem as u. I had unprotected sex and the next day i started have different symptoms from groin pain, than lower back pain, pain going from my thig to all the way down to my legs, neck pain. All this in about 4 days. than the pain started going down a bit. Now its at 28 days and i have been having join pain and other smilar problem like urs. I dont know what it is but i am waiting for 6 week and take the test again. I took the test after 2 weeks and it came out negative. It coould be anything. The main advice i got from this forum and other ppl is dont go on the internet and read up on HIV. its not gonna help. Keep me updated and i will keep u updated.

rufio1979

#270414 - 01/29/13 10:43 PM

A lot of these people don't know what they're talking about. Even my doctor and other people are saying its in my head. But it wasn't in my head until I started having symptoms so it wasn't like I read up on it and then I had the same symptoms I was reading about. Let me know if you get a fever/ and or night sweats.

kicker

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
      #270415 - 01/29/13 10:54 PM

If one person calls you a duck; ignore it.

If two people call you a duck; think about it.

If three people call you a duck; start quacking.

If "everyone" calls you a duck, and you still deny it, well we call that crazy.

crabmanModerator

#270422 - 01/30/13 09:41 AM

I am sure you are completely correct that all the people, including your doctor, that have told you this is in your head are wrong. Far be it from us to bring facts into this discussion, when what you really want to hear is that you have put yourself at high risk, you are showing specific HIV ARS symptoms and must be infected, because there is nothing else in the world this could be.

So OK. You know best, you must be correct.

I guess you will just have to wait until you actually see a positive result however before you can get any help for 'such a disease' . Hopefully you can hold it together until that time.

rufio1979

#270440 - 01/31/13 02:54 AM

Is that suppose to be funny or something? I didn't know people who believe they have HIV are called crazy on this site. People like that need to stay off of here. Anyways, i'm on the lookout for the rash that doesn't itch. I heard that's the first major sign of infection and it happens in the 3rd wk which I'm in. I'll keep ya posted.

crabmanModerator

#270442 - 01/31/13 07:41 AM

People who have had a true risk and haven't been told by other people that it's in their head, yet STILL insist they should be taken seriously don't get called crazy.

You think people like Kicker shouldn't be on this site? Perhaps he thinks that people that insist on feeding into the fear and stigma of HIV because they are so overly scared of a virus that they can't even accept when they had no risk don't belong on here.

WHY do people like you decide you know better than your doctors, people living with HIV, even your test results? Because it's HIV! It's sneaky. It hides. It can avoid being detected for YEARS! You just can't believe a negative result you all say. Wrong, wrong wrong. It's a simple virus that acts in a predictable manner. With much of that predictable manner being NOTHING for years on end. Nothing special about it.

Please do keep us posted on that rash. It's been 17 years and I'm STILL waiting for it to show up, as well as most all the other symptoms that the low or no risk crowd swears proves they have HIV.

rufio1979

#270444 - 01/31/13 08:20 AM

You know what, when you said that last time, I was kinda trippin' right, but now, you right, I AM CRAZY, but you know what else, I DONT GIVE A FUCK, I DONT GIVE A FUCK ABOUT YOU, I don't give a fuck about Kicker, I don't give a fuck about Raheem either, I don't give a fuck about myself, look, I ain't never going to be shit and you less of a man than me so as soon as I decide you ain't going to be shit.. POW!.. SO BE IT! You remember that mother fucker, cuz I'm the one ya'll need to be worried about. PARTNER!

crabmanModerator

#270446 - 01/31/13 09:09 AM

Your rant makes absolutely no sense, but I certainly hope you seek mental health counseling ASAP.

kicker

Reged: 10/25/10
Loc: GA, USA
      #270447 - 01/31/13 11:10 AM

I'm not sure which is worse. Being the only duck in a pond of swans or being the only duck in a pond full of swans and not knowing it?

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3703

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3