Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Om3ga3
New User

Reged: 08/24/10
Worried for 3 months, PLEASE Help
      #251795 - 08/24/10 06:07 PM

Hi there,

I may be a nutcase but I need reassurances. I have tried to post my question to Dr. Frascino but haven't had it answered yet. I was hoping I could get help from you guys. Here's my story (please read) - just to make it clear, I'm straight, virgin, and never drank or tried drugs.

Here goes,

- 1 year ago, I used to live in the university dorms at a large public state university. I got cut on my hand in the shower and cleaned it of with water as I was in a hurry to get to class. I reached class and glanced down at my hand which now had dried blood patches, around the cut (I know what you guys are thinking, that could probably be my own blood? Well lets hope so)
- The following days went ARS/symptom free.
- 1 month after my cut I got tonsillitis and was given antibiotics by my doc - it worked, tonsils subsided but now and again i get tonsil stones and white patches appear in them - no biggie
- 1 month after my strep, I got a single mouth ulcer on one side of my throat - went to school doc, no fever, just felt a bit tired, and stuffy nose - no flu like symptoms, just cold-like. He said that it would go away in a week and it was not of any concern. As he said, the ulcer went away - there haven't been any reoccurences since that date.
- My concerns started this may (1 year after) when I got a sore throat for about 2 weeks. No lymph node enlargement then. However, I was worried and kept checking my neck and jawline for swollen ones and there we have it I found a swollen one under my jaw. A week later, I found one on the right side of the back of my neck - this one was hard which was sort of itchy and was a bit reddish. 3 weeks later I found one on my left side of my neck under my hairline (not perfectly symmetrical). Since then I've been constantly poking and jabbing at these nodes - they've gone down, but now they feel sort of rubbery and pea sized. I can't keep my hands away from them, could my prolonged jabbing cause them to be inflamed further?

Also, most importantly, could I have been exposed to HIV from my cut on my hand and are my symptoms (nodes and ulcer especially) consistent with HIV infection? I mean, i used that hand to touch door knobs, chairs, shake hands, and handle my school equipment. It was a cold winter day, if that helps.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
SRCHFRANS34

Reged: 09/20/09
Re: Worried for 3 months, PLEASE Help new
      #251796 - 08/24/10 07:57 PM

Dude , straight -up are you serious ? You're in college and don't have the capacity to look up Hiv transmission/infection , or to read Dr. Bob's forum and learn ..?
You've caught a couple of infections , they're all over those door handles , christ college dorms are about as bad as prisons for traveling flu germs , actually it's worse , there's no guard coming around to monitor your pathetic excuse for a room and dorm .
Trust me on this , you need to start having some drinks and a puff of mind expanding weed wouldn't do you any harm either . Christ get yourself laid already and start living !!!!!
For the girl you'll be approaching for "favors" , go get a free Hiv rapid test , so you'll have it . Just google "free STD testing in " " (Your state ) get the negative test and start your adult journey . Carpe Diem , young buck , Carpe Diem . . . .

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1384

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3