Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
FORTHEBIRDS

Reged: 05/08/10
PARTNER SECRETLY REMOVED CONDOM THEN CONFESSED HIV
      #250593 - 06/02/10 12:59 AM

Hi,
On 4/5 i slept with my x husband. Although I insisted he wear a condom and he started out with one on, when the deed was done the condom was on the bed and he said, "yup, I took it off!"
I went bananas, and after discussing it for a month he said something to the effect of, "yes, I have HIV and we're both going to die! So, what are you going to do?"

Well since that text, I've thought of plenty of creative ideas, but what I want to know is what is the best testing method, what if any recourse do I have (saved all the text messages), and can I somehow force him to confirm his status with a test?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jackie__Blue
Legend

Reged: 01/20/07
Re: PARTNER SECRETLY REMOVED CONDOM THEN CONFESSED HIV new
      #250596 - 06/02/10 05:58 AM

My guess is that he's trying to freak you out. You don't mention how long you've been seperated so it's hard to gage if he had time to become infected and even find out since you all have seperated. Unless of course, he had HIV during your marriage...

Either way. Smart thing to save those text messages.

Assuming he is infected the chances of becoming infected from just a one time occurance doesn't happen often.

I would suggest you march yourself down to your local Police Station and show them those texts.

If your ex was telling you the truth then, he's a pretty pitiful guy that should be proscuted.....he's also pretty stupid to have handed you your evidence by texting you.

Most states have laws that either make it illegal to have sex with the intent of passing the virus on.....something your ex admitted to.

Even if it turns out he was lying his ass off to scare you. Having the cops knock on his door would be great payback and will teach him not to mess with you and he still deserves it for what he did. People like him give all of us living with HIV a bad name.

In the meantime. You're at just about 4 weeks. Test in another 2. I'm pretty sure it's gonna be negative, which should ease your mind. Then get a final test at 13 weeks, but don't expect a negative at 6 to change inbetween them.

Good luck

FORTHEBIRDS

#250609 - 06/04/10 03:54 AM

Thanks for responding Esmerelda. He and I were married in 1998, divorced in 2005.
He has a one year old, so I'm assuming that if he or the child's mother were positive they would have discovered it at that time.
The reason i haven't been to the police as of yet is because I don't want to cause myself a lot of unnecessary drama from the community if he is in fact just trying to upset me.
You made me feel better...thanks. It was 4/5 so I'm at the 8 week mark Monday...I'm gonna try real hard not to test tomorrow and to wait till monday, but I will post results either way. Hope the hub is well and thanks again.

FORTHEBIRDS

#250629 - 06/05/10 10:07 AM

New symptom freaked me out so i ran to the ER where I found out they have a 6 day a week HIV counselor. When I called, he said, "yup those are symptoms of HIV" but you need to be tested.

Sounded rather familiar so when I got there, he said, "wow, that was fast!"

We talked about the incident in all its sordidness and at about 20:03 I said, TIME'S UP!

-VE at the 60 day mark...will follow up with another test in a month, then every 3 months as the HIV counselor suggested.

ladyj1892

Reged: 02/11/10
      #250787 - 06/17/10 04:08 PM

first of all my friend i really believe that a sick thing he did but test yourself forget about him there should be a law against people who intentionally try to infect people but just do your test and i pray all works out fine

FORTHEBIRDS

#250809 - 06/19/10 12:06 AM

THANKS LADYJ...
I'LL BE TAKING MY FINAL TEST (at least as a result of this incident) on July 1...I appreciate your support and will update the thread at that time.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9377

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3