Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
ukworrier

Reged: 02/28/07
Worried Brit hopefully being paranoid...
      #225355 - 02/28/07 08:09 AM

Hi all

Apologies for the fact that you've probably got bored with people being worried for no good reason but I'm looking for some guidance / advice from you lovely people!

In a nutshell, I (a male) had protected vaginal and anal sex with a girl last night (was trying to be a good boy on the protection front).... during the anal part of our evening my condom split and I was uncovered for maybe a minute before realising what had happened.

Now, I don't know the HIV status of my partner and am planning on getting a test done at 3 months to be sure that all is well with the world.

My question is 2 fold....

1. Am I right in assuming that panicking and trying to get on a PEP program would be completely over the top in this situation?

2. To help me through the next 3 months as I am a notorious worrier, would you also agree to my assumption that this experience is a relatively low risk?

Any advice gratefully received - annoyed that my memory of what was a fantastic evening is being eroded by the early stages of panic on my part and I'm hoping that I can be reassured that the next 3 months aren't going to be hell on earth!

Thanks for your patience in reading this - hope to hear from some of you soon.

All the best

H

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 923

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3