Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Me..the Idiot!!!
Unregistered

Worried and need to get tested
      #201540 - 07/26/06 07:15 PM

HI all...I read and appreciate all of the panels I have been reading and the advice given. Here is my situation, a few weeks ago, I had a moment where I was thinking in my pants, and not in my head. The situation was I had unprotected anal sex with a 1 night stand. A very stupid, regretful move. About 2 weeks later, I developed a small red spot on my penis. (He did not ejacualte inside of me, but on me all over my penis). Then, I began having a tingling feeling in my legs and feet, almost like a restless leg syndrome. That appeared suddenly. After that, fatigue set in and a heavy head feeling. I never had a fever (I think) and I do not nor did have swollen glands or a rash. After this (all within 2 weeks ago), my lower back beagn to ache. I went to a doctor at an urgent care center, and he felt it was a sinus infection, and put me on Doxycycline for 10days, I feel a little better, fatigue is gone, head feels lighter and tingling is going away, however the red spot is returning....I forgot to mention that I also had some irriration by the slit of my penis head that burned a little bit when urinating and ejaculating. Do these sound remotely like ARS or possible infection? These were my only symptoms...after discussing with a cousin who is a nurse...she thinks I am just paranoid and may have only had a UTI. I am planning to get an HIV test soon, as soon as I complete antibiotics....anyones input on this, would greatly be appreciated. Hopefully God will bless all of us, and 1 day this whole nightmare will end for us all!!!! Thanks again to all who give their input on these panels!!!!!!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
scaredsailor
Unregistered

Re: Worried and need to get tested new
      #201569 - 07/26/06 11:34 PM

hey dude....im not hear to down you whatsoever.. but i just want you to know that i have the same exact symptoms after a night of a very high risk exposure....as of right now i am awaiting my test results... im on the same boat with you.... you made the right choice of getting tested ASAP...and i really hope me and you dont have it.... just keep in touch...ill be praying for you tonight...god bless to you and your family...

Survivor
Veteran

Reged: 10/30/05
Loc: Get off the fence and live again!
      #201573 - 07/26/06 11:46 PM

Me... Your human and yes we tend to use both heads in some of our thought processes... Get the UTI cleared up and run the full course of antibiotics! Then test at 3 months post exposure for definative... You have placed yourself in a high risk catagory no matter how you look at it. Your not an idiot, otherwise if that were true, we would all be idiots...

Cheers Mate,

Eric

SteveR
Veteran

Reged: 07/19/05
      #201658 - 07/27/06 02:08 PM

If you had unprotected anal sex, you should get a test, regardless of your symptoms.

What you describe, though, do not sound like the symptoms of ARS. It could be another STD, or it could be a sinus infection, as your doctor said. Just finish your antibiotics, wait three months from this incident and get an HIV test. And from then on, play safe!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#201660 - 07/27/06 02:33 PM

Thank you very much for your reply and input...It does put me at a littel ease...I'm finishing my anibiotics, and am going to wait about 2 more weeks then see a Doctor anyway. Once again, thank you!!!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#202175 - 08/01/06 02:58 PM

Thanks!!! I am getting tested tommorow, and still feel like crap....Let me know how you make out!!!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2264

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3