Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Worried beyond worry
      #191167 - 05/13/06 11:17 AM

I had always wondered about being with an other man, 7 weeks ago I had the opportunity to act on my fantasy. I had mutual oral, him on me for a minute or two and me on him for a minute or two and the we had mutual JO together.

Now I am worried to the point of panic that I have put myself, and my girlfriend at risk of hiv and other STDs.

I read from other postings that HIV risk from oral is low, and I think it is even lower form oral with out ejaculation?? Is this correct?? I know that I could be at risk for other stds and I am getting tested this week, I ran out after a week and got teated, all neg but I also know that test was worthless due to not enought time past since episode.

Please give me your thoughts, I am freaking out and almost can not function!!!!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
sunkyst
Master

Reged: 03/22/06
Re: Worried beyond worry new
      #191175 - 05/13/06 12:18 PM

In terms of HIV, the risk was so miniscule, it's not even worth worrying about. You did not get HIV from this incident.

Oral sex can however transmit other STDs like gonorrhea, chlamydia and syphilis so you might want to be tested for these things but again, it is doubtful that you caught any of these things either.

If you're that worried, and if you ever do anything like this again, you might just want to use a rubber to save you the stress later on.

Good luck to you and don't worry, you'll be fine.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#191181 - 05/13/06 12:42 PM

practically no risk at all. If I was you I will not even test. CLEAR. no risk.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#191186 - 05/13/06 01:07 PM

Thanks for your words of encouragement,,,, I hope you are correct,,,

As far as doing something like this again, it wont happen, not because I am now worried, but more because immediately after, I felt awful and ashamed, I quickly understood that there was a very big difference between fantasy and reality and I really had, and am having a hard time with my decision, and yes, I think that I will take the time to see a professional and talk to them about my thoughts and how to deal with my decision.

but again, thanks very much for your support and words of advise.

coby
Grand Master

Reged: 04/01/06
      #191193 - 05/13/06 02:18 PM

I have to ask...........would you do it again? If so you might want to level with your gf, this would put her at risk for things and trust me when I tell you this is harder to deal with then coming down with something. I cheated and have been a jacked up freaking sick mess ever since. I slept with someone who was pos and caught an std and who knows what else. You have to decide what side of the fence you are on and if that happens to be both she has the wright to know. I think your fine but you should get checked for the stds that were mentioned just to make sure. HIV is not going to be a problem for you and just remember the next time what this 5 minutes of fun has done to you mentally. I'm in no way putting you down just telling you from experience.

Pinkster

Anonymous
Unregistered

#191199 - 05/13/06 03:11 PM

No, will not go down that path again. As I mentioned, directly after I did what I did, and then days after, I was totally freaked out by what I did, I had never been with a man before and always wondered, I guess it was somewhat of a fantasy, but one that I wish I had never acted on. I felt very depressed about what I had done, not that I think that type of activity is a bad thing, it is just not what is correct for me. I realized that I was not interested in the bi / gay lifestyle and that it made me sick to think of what I did. To this minute, besides that fact that I am freaked out that I could have coaught something, I am pretty depressed that I made that decision and I know that I have to come to grips with it.

You are 100% correct, in the event that I was going to continue to do that type of stuff, or explore any other type of relationship with anyone other then my girlfriend,,,, she has the right to know,,, I think that I have pretty much seen clearly now,,,, it is only correct to be with one person at at time,,,,,

Thanks for your supportive words....

Survivor
Legend

Reged: 10/30/05
Loc: Get off the fence and live again!
      #191298 - 05/14/06 12:35 PM

Good Greif... Don't beat yourself up for being human.. On a scale of 1-10 humans fall somewhwere between being Hetro / Gay and everything else inbetween. Most find what what suits them earily in life. Dont't feel ashamed for finding out or acting on a fantacy... Jesus, we all have them... Your no different. Just be safe next time if there is a next time.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1646

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3