Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

So what happens AFTER ARS symptoms...???
      #185653 - 04/10/06 12:36 PM

Say someone contracts HIV. They have (or maybe even don't have) the ARS symptoms. Those pass. Then what???

Things don't linger do they?? Symptoms don't come and go after that?

Does a person HAVE any other symptoms after ARS?? Or do they go back to feeling 100% healthy???

I know what Im trying to ask...but I can't seem to get it out in words. GRRR!

Im now 7 weeks past exposure. Tested negative around 6 weeks and from what I know, never did have any sort of ARS symptoms.

Although, Im still having this nagging sore throat. Some days its there, other's its not. Also have and earache and throat drainage quite often. Been on antibiotics for a while, they helped....but then once I stopped them, this crap just comes back!!!

Worried it might be HIV..some way or another.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
shadow1
Veteran

Reged: 12/06/00
Re: So what happens AFTER ARS symptoms...??? new
      #185698 - 04/10/06 04:59 PM

Say someone contracts HIV. They have (or maybe even don't have) the ARS symptoms. Those pass. Then what???
If they were actually infected more often nothing, it seems like a little bout of the flue, and then you are back to normal. Symptoms donít linger on, if a person actually has ARS, they will test HIV+ on an Elisa test immediately after and sometimes during.

Things don't linger do they?? Symptoms don't come and go after that?
No they donít, even on a symptomatic person they can go for 5 to 10 years before they notice anything wrong. An Asymptomatic person can go sometimes 10+ years without ever having any symptoms. Even normal colds and flues are not any worse (I should know because I went 15 years without a problem) and there is no progression of the virus.

Does a person HAVE any other symptoms after ARS?? Or do they go back to feeling 100% healthy???
All people have a decrease in T-helper cells with any virus, usually after actual infection peoples T-cells drop, there Viral Load increases and the goís back to a normal level for a while (that is why I am not big on starting meds soon after infection) as found in many clinical studies done by the top HIV research facilities. Most people have a minimal response immediately then become very stable for years even in symptomatic patients.

I know what Im trying to ask...but I can't seem to get it out in words. GRRR!
I have a clue of what you are trying to get to, LOL.

Im now 7 weeks past exposure. Tested negative around 6 weeks and from what I know, never did have any sort of ARS symptoms.
If a person actually has a bout of ARS they will have it on an average of 25 days post exposure giving a few days, some less, most people will test HIV+ on a standard Elisa test by week 6 unless they have a terrible problem (which you would know if you did) with there immune system. The things which can actually delay conversion have been gone over here on the boards many times in the last month, and those people will show a positive response by week 13. Your 6 week is pretty much as good as gold, but the CDC and the WHO are still at 12/13 weeks so I stick with my guns about take the final negative test and be over with it.

Although, Im still having this nagging sore throat. Some days its there, other's its not. Also have and earache and throat drainage quite often. Been on antibiotics for a while, they helped....but then once I stopped them, this crap just comes back!!!
That could be due to 1000ís of things, I know perfectly healthy people who have problems kicking viral infections and they donít have HIV or any thing of the sort. People respond to medication in different ways, some people have been given so many forms of antibiotics there body has built an immunity to them, and some people get sicker with them because they do not absorb properly in there body and the body has to depend on itself to kill the viral infection. But things like what you describe are not anything indicative of being infected with HIV.

Worried it might be HIV..some way or another. More than likely not, your 6 week is pretty indicative of that.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5521

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threadsô 6.2.3