Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Zboe
Unregistered

Thrush! I'm Scared.
      #175360 - 02/16/06 10:06 AM

In april 2005 I took some anti-biotics a friend gave me as a means to kill the cold that he gave me and my other roomate. In any case I was still going to school and work. I then met 3 guys in about a 2 week time period. We messed around but I didn't actually have anal sex with any of them. I did do some oral sex but even that was very limited because I am so paranoid about getting HIV. In any case about a week later I came up with something similar to Thrush. I had the white tongue, the sore throat, and I was very tired. I was also taking this protien shake and every time I take it, it seems like I break out. When I stop taking it the break out goes away. I've had a exclusive bf since then and we've always used condoms when having anal sex and we never do oral sex because I am scared to do oral sex now. In any case, I got sick from the kids at school and caught a the flu in Jan. My bf gave me some anti-biotics and then I started having Thrush like symptoms again. I went to the hospital and the doctor said it wasn't Thrush. He seemed very sure of himself. The doctor gave me some pain killer and that was it. On monday I threw up one time and since then I've felt much better and it seems as though things are returning to normal. I am going to go schedule an appointment for the new 20min Oral-HIV test I heard about on the radio yesturday. Boy am I scared.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
ravi
Legend

Reged: 11/19/05
Loc: Adelaide, Australia
Re: Thrush! I'm Scared. new
      #175365 - 02/16/06 10:14 AM

hi

regards from india

Oral thrush may occur due to may clinical situation. The dosage of antiboitics you are currently taking/took may also have caused oral thrush;antibiotics do cause oral thrush.

Nothing you report sounds worrisome.However if you feel worried you may want to test and get your symptoms evaluated.

Goodluck

--------------------
Take Care

God Bless you

Stay Well

Love Ravi

shadow1
Legend

Reged: 12/06/00
      #175366 - 02/16/06 10:16 AM

Thrush can be attributed to a lot of different things; one of them is the saliva glands in the lower part of your mouth not producing enough to fight yeast. One of the other is antibiotic use when not needed, and there are many other things than HIV. Anyway I would believe the doctor when he says it isn't thrush, he knows better than you what thrush is and it isn't what you think, it is much more painful than just a little sore throat.

Zboe
Unregistered

#175375 - 02/16/06 10:32 AM

In may it was so bad that I didn't want to eat. Consequently, I lost about 10lbs. Of course when I got better I gained 10lbs the very next week.

ravi
Legend

Reged: 11/19/05
Loc: Adelaide, Australia
      #175385 - 02/16/06 10:48 AM

hi

regards from india

I doubt the symptoms are related to HIV, it is quite unlikely you may have got infected from the activities you report.

However if you feel worried you may want to test .

Goodluck

--------------------
Take Care

God Bless you

Stay Well

Love Ravi

Zboe
Unregistered

#175424 - 02/16/06 01:37 PM

What about the skin rash that only seems to pop up when I drink milk, eat ice cream or take that protien shake?

Anxiety
Unregistered

#175426 - 02/16/06 01:43 PM

Well, you yourself say the rash is in response to food intake. Sounds like a allergy to dairy. My son get's bouts of exzema when he eats a lot of yogurt, cheese, or drinks too much chocolate milk.

Zboe
Unregistered

#175438 - 02/16/06 02:42 PM

The thing I am worried about also is the fact that when I eat or drink dairy or a protien shake I have to use the "bathroom" & gas alot.

ExWorryWart
Guardian

Reged: 12/21/05
      #175445 - 02/16/06 02:56 PM

Zboe please read about 'lactose intolerance' when you get a chance and don't diagonse anything over internet. The reason I am giving you this information is a friend of mine has the exact same situation like you describe (no he doesn't have anything to do with HIV).

Talk to your doctor. Read about stuff only for your own personal knowledge.

Andy WW

--------------------
-ve at 1, 2,3,7 mnths..Free of HIV and OCD now.THANKS to all the BEAUTIFULfriends at TheBody!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5049

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3