Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
johnny
Unregistered

Worried and need some feedback
      #1636 - 04/02/00 11:39 PM

I had unprotected oral sex last month and am worried sick. I was the receptive one and even had small sores in my mouth at the time which I get a lot. Soda and stress seems to cause them. There was no receptive ejaculation though. Two days later I had a penile discharge. I was tested for STD's as negative. I doubted the diagnoses enough to see another doctor who knew even less so I insisted he give me antibiotics. He did and the symptoms went away. At about 40 days I got a sore throat. It went away the same day. I can't recall that ever happening to me. I took an HIV test just days after my encounter and it was negative. I know I have to wait but I guess I am looking for some idea of how much I need to worry, if that makes any sense.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
david
Unregistered

Re: Worried and need some feedback new
      #1637 - 04/02/00 11:39 PM

Hi... I've read that most people will have swollen lymph nodes (usually in the neck or groin) if they are infected with the virus... did you have that too? If not, maybe you're not infected.... take another tests later to make sure of it (third month and sixth month)... Good luck. :)

david

Someone
Unregistered

Re: Worried and need some feedback new
      #1638 - 04/02/00 11:39 PM

Receptive oral sex is much riskier than insertive, and though it is considered low risk, you are at risk. An ELISA a few days after won't say anything, I recommend you doing a 45 day, 3 month and 6 month test, and, if you are still paranoid, do a 8 month or 12 month test. The 45 days test is more of a "relief" test, since most persons will show up positive after 25 days of the initial exposure, a 45 day test will tell you that chances are you are NOT infected, however, it is not final and you could be infected. A 3 month test tell you that, if you are still negative, the odds are obviously on your side, and there is not much to worry about, but again, there is a very small posibility that could say you are positive. A 6 month test is final, and it would be almost ridiculous to say you are positive after this test. I say almost, because there are RARE cases where people show up positive after the 6 month period. So, since some people will be paranoid, do a 8 month, or 12 month.

Good luck
Someone

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2184

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3