Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Warts in throat
      #161733 - 10/12/05 08:26 PM

Hi everyone. I dont have any symptoms of HIV but I was just wondering if warts are a possible symptom. I have these little raised bumps in the back of my throat for almost a year and 1/2 and they have not gone away. They dont itch or anything but they are just there and I dont have them anywhere else but behind my tonsils and my throat. I noticed them after I smoked some marijuana with my cousin and her neighbor. The symptoms started as a very itchy, dry cough and then a few days later the bumps came along. I have been doing research but some of these websites are so unclear about HIV symptoms. So far I havent seen throat warts as a symptom but can someone tell me some of the symptoms of HPV & mono ? Thank you...Im looking forward to any answers I can get!!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Warts in throat new
      #161737 - 10/12/05 09:22 PM

Warts in your throat are not a symptom of HIV....and, little bumps don't necessarily mean warts. If you look at the back of your throat, you will notice it is not smooth and flat....it is kinda bumpy...so what you are noticing may actually be normal. If you put yourself at risk, get tested, but don't let the look of your throat freak you out. If you have actual warts in your throat, you could have contracted gential herpes via oral sex...and therefore should see a doctor.

debtex
Legend

Reged: 03/21/05
Re: Warts in throat new
      #161739 - 10/12/05 09:31 PM

Although i agree with your first thoughts about it, more so than the possibility of an std. (no doubt that it is a possibility, but would at times likely cause some kind of discomfort at times). but I think these are bumps that everyone has. it is not a smooth surface in the back of anyone's mouth. Plus (to the original poster) you do need to take into consideration of the fact that it was noticed when you & your friends were getting high. (not that you were oblivious), but that you tend to dwell & worry about normal issues if you didn't think you ever noticed them before.

but if you have EVER put yourself at risk, it is always wise to get a test. just to put it behind you and always stay safe.

I wish you the best, but this symptom is not hiv.

take care,
debbie

Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for the answers!!!!! new
      #161746 - 10/12/05 10:31 PM

Thank you for your answers....I thought no one would answer me but I'm so happy you guys did. I'm still kind of concerned because this happened before I ever performed oral sex on my boyfriend but I'm still going to get tested for any STD's and HIV if I can build up the courage. I forgot to mention that I also have itchy ears very deep inside and the bumps itch. I believe it may be an early sign of oral cancer but i'm too scared to find out.....Everyone pray for me!!!!!

debtex
Legend

Reged: 03/21/05
Re: Thanks for the answers!!!!! new
      #161751 - 10/12/05 11:38 PM

I will pray for you, but I am sure you dont need it.

I also get that itch. feels like inside your head. it has nothing to do with hiv though. but it is allergies. Try taking some benadryl or even claridin, I swear it will help the itch. Pleas dont worry too much. I could almost promise you that it is just allergies. (the itch) and the bumps probably appeare more or reder when your allergies flare up.

love and prayers,
deb

Anonymous
Unregistered

Deb is right...as usual! :-) new
      #161778 - 10/13/05 11:30 AM

The inner ear itch is allergy....and most likely, so is the itching throat. You may have a post nasal drip from allergies that is making your throat red and inflamed.

If you have been at risk for STDs get tested....I'm sure you are fine though.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Thank you new
      #161784 - 10/13/05 01:10 PM

Well I just want to say thanks Deb. I read alot of your posts as well as everyone else's. You really put my fears at ease about the whole "wart" situation. I think I have nearly driven myself crazy thinking that I do have HIV. I have only slept with 1 person unprotected and that is the person I have been with for 2 years. He has been tested for STD's and has donated blood for Red Cross but I just want proof for myself that I dont have it. Can someone help me? I just need to know some ways to get over my fears about waiting for the test results.....

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Thank you new
      #161825 - 10/13/05 09:11 PM

If you have only been with him and he has been tested lately, I would be my bottom dollar that you are fine. (the throat thing is NOT HIV) (I actually looked at my throat just to be certain and mine is kind of like the skin on a chick breast (w/little uneven bumps)...and I'm neg (as of my last test at 3 months!)

The best way (at least for me) to get over the fear of testing was to realize that the only way to beat HIV was to test. Ignoring it would only lead to almost certain illness and death, but if I knew, I could treat and live a long healthy happy life....and, I wanted to know so I could make sure anyone that I put at risk had the chance to be protected as well.....putting otherse before myself made making the decision easier. Waiting for the results is hell, but this board and the support from these amazing people really made it easier. So, go get tested...for peace of mind. God Bless. (I'm sure you are fine though....your risk seems almost non-existent if your only partner is most likely neg)

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 12453

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3