Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

DEFICIENCIES OR NOT??
      #16160 - 03/04/01 01:53 AM

recently i went to my regular physician for a tongue condition,he said it looked like possibly some type of vitamin deficiency, he did a cbc blood count and an iron deficiency check ,still waiting for results,my question is would or could this be a possible sign of hiv infection?im not having no other symptoms but was curious as to could this be related or would i have other more complicating infections?would appreciate any feedback any of you have to offer me and thank you again for your time to reply.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: DEFICIENCIES OR NOT?? new
      #16163 - 03/04/01 11:26 AM

What exactly is going on with your tongue ...... and what exactly is the exposure/exposures you're concerned about?

Anonymous
Unregistered

#16165 - 03/04/01 11:45 AM

the question is...why do you care? his doctor already said what he thought it was. just because he doesn't believe his doctor, and is asking us to second guess his doctor can you tell him anything different without actually seeing his tounge? even if you could, the ONLY way to put the matter to rest is a test if someone is worried enough. analyzing symptoms does not change facts no matter what the exposure is or what his tounge looks like

Anonymous
Unregistered

#16166 - 03/04/01 12:11 PM

I don't know how to respond to that, but I don't have the energy to try to be clever with you, or to snap at you. I just asked the guy a question. Maybe his exposure was watching Shawshenk Redemption while making out with his girlfriend ..... if that was the case, I guess I could reassure him that he probably didn't catch HIV. Nontheless, no hard feelings.

Jackie_Blue
Legend

Reged: 10/26/00
      #16182 - 03/04/01 06:47 PM

Listen to your doctor. He/she knows your medical history and has seen your tounge. If you have concerns about HIV infection then bring it up with your doctor.

J.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#16202 - 03/05/01 11:45 AM

You really should take a hint and refrain from asking these "what was your exposure?" questions. People HAVE responded with their exposure and then we have complete silence from you. If you're trying to reassure people that their risk was low, you're not doing a very good job of it when you don't follow up with a response.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#16206 - 03/05/01 02:32 PM

My friend, I am sorry .... but I have responded to everyone who has answered about their exposure. The very reason I ask that specific question isn't to cause any commotion at all. I would just think that the specifics of exposure would be an issue ..... especially since some people get very concerned about something that may be VERY low risk (such as kissing, etc.). I'm hoping your passion is coming from a good place ..... maybe you're seeing me as someone who is nosey and trying to stir up trouble. I can assure you .... that is not the case. The last thing I want to do is have any kind of controversy .... but maybe I'm blind to something here. I consider myself fairly intelligent, and I simply think that sharing the specific exposure can maybe get some specific feedback. I can't promise you I won't ask those questions anymore, but I can assure you that I'm not trying to play doctor .... just trying to communicate with people. I'm worried and scared .. that's why I'm here. Please, try to understand that, and be a little patient. Maybe I'll come around to seeing things your way.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#16213 - 03/05/01 05:16 PM

Maybe it is you who should refrain from putting this stupid request up all the time. What is wrong with asking the specifics? So maybe he didn't answer you.. So what! If people do not want to share their exposure they just won't tell him, we do not need you posting everytime someone is asked what exposure they had. I also must point out you are assuming it is always the same person that is asking and with the ability to be anonymous and the fact that is how they are asking it seems quite ridiculous that you could assume that. In fact I have seen at least 2 replies from 2 people to your silly request.
Can you please stop asking them to stop? you are getting nowhere.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#16220 - 03/06/01 12:13 AM

I'm not the same person who keeps saying "stop asking exposure questions." I just happen to agree with the other person/persons that have posted previously. I think it's great when people share the specifics. It's one thing to ask for specifics for the purpose of assessing an individuals risk and then actually responding. When someone asks for the information and then the thread dies there, with no further feedback, I don't see the point in asking at all. If there's no feedback to the question, positive or negative, it leaves the recipient wondering.

So to answer your question...no I will not stop asking them to stop. Stop asking me to stop asking them to stop asking stupid questions.

Jackie_Blue
Legend

Reged: 10/26/00
Post deleted by Jackie_Blue new
      #16225 - 03/06/01 09:13 AM

jocko
Unregistered

Re: Enough new
      #16227 - 03/06/01 09:38 AM

HEY LISTEN .... WHAT THE H___ ......just kidding! You are right, Jackie. For myself, I just guess that I assume everyone is knowing the stress I'm going through, and I'm sometimes taken aback when someone responds with something harsh. And, in all honesty, I probably should use "jocko" on all my posts, but I've been on here so much, that I'm a tad embarrassed. :) I can say, though .... that every response or question I put on the post is not coming from an argumentative place - not because I'm perfect, just because, as I've said before, I just don't have the energy right now to engage in that stuff. I must admit, though, I am surprised that some people lash out at each other the way they do. MY FRIENDS ..... WE ARE ALL IN THIS TOGETHER ..... THIS FRIGHTENING, STREEFUL, WINDOW PERIOD. LET'S TRY TO LIFT EACH OTHER UP. Take care everyone! God Bless.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
1 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3515

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3