Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Worried I am infected
      #158311 - 08/07/05 06:53 PM

Had a possible exposure around 5-8 months ago and since then I have not been the same.

2/3 weeks after encounter I came down with flue llike symptoms for around a week and then left me with a cough for almost 2 more.

Since then I have been ok but now am feeling really ill. Slight sore throat, not exactly raging but still a bit of discomfort (not got a white tongue)

Ache all over, my wrist hurts as well as my groin and armpits. the back of my head and neck aches too. Been really tired and lost apetite causing me to lose a bit of weight.

Seem to be going to the toilet a lot more causing me to get piles I think judging by the pain in my bum.

Could these be symptoms of HIV?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
kisspanic
Unregistered

Re: Worried I am infected new
      #158313 - 08/07/05 08:48 PM

To start with, tell us about ur risk. Was it HIgh or Low? Then, symptoms come ONCE and not twice, nor 3 times separately, and they generally come strong. I dont talk from experience but from reading on this forum for 2 months every day. Then, 80% of the people infected with HIV experience symptoms 2-6 weeks after exposure. 90% of the symptoms include a fever. So, since u did not get a fever, u have a great chance that ur symptoms are not indicative of HIV infection. Take it easy and reply telling us about ur risk, and then figure out if u should be worrying or not.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#158337 - 08/08/05 12:16 PM

I know how freaky it can be to line up symptoms with ARS or recent HIV infection. I can tell you one thing to be absolute. The pains and sleepiness and all the symptoms you currently complain about are indeed anxiety, you will probably choose not to believe this because you have been anxious and stressed before but this hasn't happened, well believe me it is happening and when you stop to think about it you will say " yes your right never have I been this stressed and anxious before." This is realy a unique experience and one you should never forget because some people are anxious and have panic attacks all their lives and these are the symptoms they complain about.
Anxiety causes blood to leave the stomach causing malubsoprtion problems leading to wait loss and a lot of other problems dealing with nutrition and the kind even to point of swollen lymphnodes and rashes. body aches especialy under the armpit are common.
Relax and test this will stop you from becoming an anxious person, if you continue not to know your status you will be doing more harm than good no matter what your results are.
My prayers are yours.
Please relax I know its hard, been there.
Go and Test (YOU MUST).

debtex
Legend

Reged: 03/21/05
      #158366 - 08/08/05 10:04 PM

Hi,
I'm sorry to hear you are under so much pressure with this. It would be helpful to know what you say is your exposure. Sometimes what we feel is even a somewhat exposure, we come to learn.....it such a low exposure, that you would probably make history if you tested positive. (and really, dont expect that to happen). so, what was your exposre. ?

And kisspanic.....i hope you have learned that your exposure is non existant, but as far as ARS, they do not last everyday for 2 months. They happen within the first 2 or so months, and you feel as though its an extremely bad flu. (yes, terrible achie body, high fevers, chills, sweats)...atleast thats what I remember (13yrs ago), and I'm sure some people experience others, but they are very similar to symptoms anyone (ven without hiv involved)would get. So you cannot assume the symptoms that you read....you have felt. Because you probably have......they are things people go thru during seasons anyway. If you did not think you even put yourself at risk.....you would just assume you picked up a bug. but my symptoms lasted about 7 to 10 days. so its different for everyone. Actually, I dont think i even remember them for that long. Because I was a single mom, with a one year old, and was always busy. so never really had time to mussle on how I might feel.

and to the original poster, you could just have something in the back of your mind all this time....and it is true that even all the worry and the stress about it WILL physically make you sick. Take it easy, if you are talking about ONE encounter, it is very hard to get hiv....you may be worrying yourself for nothing. please keep in touch.

love and prayers,
debbie

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1368

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3