Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

ARS symptoms possible at 3 months?
      #156318 - 06/19/05 09:30 PM

Was wondering if ARS symptoms are possible to occue at 3 months after a possible risky exposure. I'll quickly explain my situation. Had a one night stand with a girl I met at a bar. We did have protected sex but I recieved and gave unprotected oral. I woke up the next day with a nasty stomach ache and diarrhea but thought nothing of it. I'll be honest and mention that I knew nothing about HIV at this point. Well not anymore I must say.

Fast forward to 3 months down the road, I had returned from a vacation 10 days earlier. I had a lymph node swell up on the right side of my neck. I thought nothing of it and went to the doc the next day. He prescribed some antibiotics and I was on my way. The next 2 weeks were hell. 2 days after my lymph nodes swelled up the rash started. Sebborheic dermatitis on the face, chest and lower extremeties. My face swelled up like a ballon(bright red) and so did my hands and feet. Had a macupapular rash on my hands and feet along with alot of dandruff. Also had nasty night sweats but don't remember a fever.Didn't sleep for 3 days straight. It was by far the nastiest experience I've ever had but after 10 days or so it was all gone. In the end I lost the skin my hands/feet along with the cuticles on my nails. I thought nothing of this experience and brushed it off until 6 months down the road when I developed a pneumonia. A doc alarmed me that the rash and now the pneumonia could be related to HIV. I took a blood test but didn't return for my results. I know I'm playing devils advocate but I waited for the phone call everyday that has yet to arrive. I'm preparing myself for the worse at this point since this would be a great change in my future. Since then it has been nothing but panic attack, nasty floaters along with every possible symptom(neupathy, dry skin,etc.)

At this point my sickness could not be related to anything else(mono/strep came back negative) but my only reasoning is that ARS symptoms could begin 3 months after exposure?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: ARS symptoms possible at 3 months? new
      #156319 - 06/19/05 09:44 PM

ARS Happens 2-4 weeks there are no documented cases of ARS at 3 months post infection

Anonymous
Unregistered

What could it be then? new
      #156323 - 06/19/05 10:10 PM

What could it have been? It's like there is no other explanation. I also remember having dark brown urine for a week along with pain coming from my right kidney.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 3 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3798

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3