Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Transmission and Education >> Am I Infected?

Pages: 1
adrienne21

Reged: 06/05/05
Worried and feeling really really down
      #155839 - 06/05/05 08:00 PM

Dear all,
I had a very brief affair last summer when my husband and I were having problems. The guy assured me he was negative and we used a condom but it slipped off and stayed inside of me - when we took it out - the end was just inside my vagina, it appeared that none of the fluid had spilled out - Now, however, I'm worried sick that I've contracted HIV - I know I should get tested, but I'm scared that my husband will find out (we have military insurance and I don't think that they will keep it completely confidential). I called the health department and they can do it but it will take two weeks to get the result - I feel like my life is over and I'm going to have to leave my son and husband (BTW, my husband and I have only had sex a few times since then (he was deployed) and we use condoms as birth control so I'm not worried that I've placed him at risk - as mean as that sounds.)

Help please - I don't know where to turn. How likely is it that I could be infected from what happened?

Thanks,
A.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
debtex
Legend

Reged: 03/21/05
Re: Worried and feeling really really down new
      #155842 - 06/05/05 10:22 PM

I feel you are overly worrying yourself. I know you are not happy with what happened, and you are just fearing the worst. That you will loose what you have for this. But you have to be tested. And no, you have every reason to not want to use your insurance, but if that is the case, you have to wait the 2 weeks. Its going to be a scary 2 weeks, but hopefully the only 2 weeks you will ever have to put yourself thru that torture. Please, you should, and have to do it, and put it behind you.

Why will you loose your son, if you did contract hiv though?

Love and prayers,
Debbie

Anonymous
Unregistered

#155843 - 06/05/05 10:23 PM

same thing happened to a friend of mine and she is negative , if the condom refuse did not spill into you then you need not worry

Adrienne
Unregistered

#155845 - 06/05/05 10:41 PM

Debbie,
I guess i meant I'll lose him because I'd die. I know I'd probably live a long time, etc. I was thinking about doing the Home Access test - I'm just scared that I might really freak out finding out alone. We recently moved so I don't have any close friends in the area. My husband is leaving again next week for 4-5 weeks so I want to get this taken care of during his trip. But I'm scared that I will feel really desperate if I get bad news when I'm alone.

Thanks for your thoughts,
A.

debtex
Legend

Reged: 03/21/05
      #155974 - 06/07/05 02:02 PM

I dont think you are positive, but I know your fears are creating the worst case situation for you. Rest your mind, if your husband is not going to be home then I think this is the best time to do the test. I dont think the home access test is ever a good idea. You should always have a good person on had to help you, even if it is negative. Its helpful to have a hand to hold, and not to be alone.
Take it easy though.....I'm sure you are fine. Please keep me posted on how you are doing?

love and prayer,
deb

Arch

Reged: 05/29/05
      #156009 - 06/08/05 01:19 AM

You are at no risk here seriously. If you want peace of mind, just take a 13 week ELISA. You'll be set. Good luck.

Peace,
Arch

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 2 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 1641

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3