Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Gay Men

Pages: 1
Core
New User

Reged: 03/24/14
WHY WHY WHY
      #275814 - 03/29/14 06:26 AM

Hi I am new to this forums, have been living with HIV for the last 29 years.
I never had a day of work because of the HIV, and I was determined to not let it break me, but it actually made me stronger, a lot stronger, and I have been acheving much more after I found out about my status.
I do realize that we all cope differently with the disease, but I think a lot unnessacary focus so much on it, even when they actually are "healthy" , so it takes over so much of their lives? WHY... If you are diagnosed with diabetes you get your medications and most live perfectly well without making this the turning point of their lifes. Well if might be easier for me to say that for many others? But I do think a lot of people could have a much better life quality if they are well and did not spend so much time focusing on the HIV other than of course be aware of changes in their body, take their medications, and go to get the 3-6 monthly check up... I believe a lot is in the mind, so stay "positive", both in mind and body...

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
anotherday
Regular

Reged: 05/15/13
Loc: Alberta, Canada
Re: WHY WHY WHY new
      #275817 - 03/29/14 10:54 AM

That is excellent advice Core, moving forward in your life and accepting what you have helps in keeping a positive outlook on being Positive! Don't let HIV live your life for you, live your own life and know that HIV is just along for the ride!

Many people will ask "but how do I do that?", the easiest is to just sit down and make a list of what is important in your life. What you have now and of course that "bucket list". From there just make sure you don't go putting HIV near the top of any of those lists, always have something that YOU want there. Find out what is important in your life, and if it happens to be HIV then don't complain about it, and just get on with achieving everything on your list. Hold what's important close!

--------------------
anotherday ... in paradise!
daily ponder ... be the reason someone smiles today!

Mojo
New User

Reged: 11/24/14
      #279175 - 11/26/14 03:05 PM

25 years here! Thank you for posting that! I look back at all the experiences I have encountered! The death of those young guys that didn't have a chance to get to the aging with HIV and I am thankful to be in the aging stage! This last three months had to be one of the most terrifying experiences I have ever had in my 25 years! I was depleted of testosterone!! This body of mine has been through a lot of challenges, but when your mind is not right and your withering away will mess you up!! My Husband, my Dr. who is a geriatric Dr kept insisting that it was a Bipolar problem! I refused to accept that and by listening and meditating I figured it out for myself and demanded on getting a testosterone booster shot! Next week I get my third shot of this rocket fuel! It is doing the job and last night I finally got the hell out of my house where I had been isolated!! Tough love and not being treated with the "There, There" approach has helped me to get to moving forward again! I plan to celebrate my next 25 years I plan to Thrive with HIV! The surviving days are done and I am telling survival to pack its bags and open the door and get the hell out!! For the first time in my 28 years I have been with my wonderful husband who is HIV negative , we are free of credit card debt and on a path to financial freedom! I share an affirmation that my minister gave to me yesterday and I hope we can all apply it to our lives! I Affirm that Each Day, In Every way, I AM getting better and better and better! I know this to be true!! And So It Is!!

Mojo
New User

Reged: 11/24/14
      #279188 - 11/27/14 03:49 AM

I was looking at a map where it showed the states that had a lot of where HIV is more rampant!! I was born and raised in rural Alabama and there are so many people with HIV that can't comprehend on having the mind set we have! It's easy for those of us to talk about not focusing on it, for my needs are met because I live in Seattle where there is a lot of HIV services to help me live a life with quality! What I have read about rural areas in the South, they have to literally hide there status, there is no support!! If they disclose to there church they get stigmatized! I don't know what geographical location you are in, but I truly believe that it all depends on where you live!! I couldn't even begin to grasp how it would feel to be living in a rural area where you don't even have an HIV doctor! So again, it is easy to have a good attitude when we have good care and our needs are met!! There are a lot of scared people that have no where to turn when they learn that they are HIV positive!!

riverprincessModerator
Veteran

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
      #279220 - 11/29/14 10:02 AM

You got that right Core. I don't really give my so called status much thought. It does not define who or what I am . My gosh there are sooo many folk that I am sooo much healthier than mentally, physically , and spiritually. People pos or not need to get out of their own heads where the stinkin thinkin thrives and multiplys. I do enjoy just sitting back and relaxin but I also know when to more forward and march to a different tune.

--------------------
Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 988

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3