Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Life >> Gay Men

Pages: 1
jjemcdonald

Reged: 06/11/12
Loc: Tennessee
Loss of Sex Drive
      #263658 - 06/11/12 07:26 AM

Ok, so I am 37 and on Truvada and Isentress. My viral load is undetectable and my T-cells are around 750. I have hardly any sex drive. I would chose reading a book over sex any day of the week. I used to be a meth addict but I have been clean for two years. Is it possible that my previous meth use has killed my sex drive? I have been to my HIV doctor and he has tested my testosterone levels, which are on the low side of normal. I had tried Androgel and it didn't increase my sex drive at all. My partner is negative and he has a healthy and constant sex drive. I don't know what else to do. I think he thinks I don't love him; I wish I could make my body respond. Has anyone else ever felt like this or confronted this experience?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
riverprincessModerator

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
Re: Loss of Sex Drive new
      #263875 - 06/18/12 01:14 PM

Your not alone. And I'm stating from a female perspective. Luckily hubby understands. But I have learn that you can just go for it for the sake of your partner, And sometimes you may even find yourself enjoying. I like to think that love isn't just about sex. Sometimes just hugging and laughing helps. But I do tell hubby just because I'm walking about in panties doesn't mean I'm looking for anything cept maybe my top. lol

brooklynbaseball

Reged: 01/28/10
Loc: seattle. wa
      #263975 - 06/21/12 02:25 PM

Me too same meds also ex meth user and NO sex drive at all. My hubby is Negative poor guy needs to get some and I used to be the biggest nymph these days I'd rather watch baseball. Not sure if its the MEDS or what. I guess we have to tt our drs?

hankscott

Reged: 06/21/12
      #263978 - 06/21/12 02:39 PM

I've been in exactly the same situation, with the same reaction from my partner. And Testim didn't work for me. What did, and it's been amazing, is Testapel. I get an injection of tiny testosterone pellets every four to six months. The testosterone slowly leaks into my body -- no up and down surges like with injections. My sex drive is back to normal, as is my energy level and my mood. And my insurance pays for it.

CSCOTT

Reged: 06/21/12
      #264001 - 06/22/12 12:20 AM

I am a 52 year-old man who has tried EVERYTHING out there,with no results...UNTIL: I entered a trial from a homeopathic practitioner,vis-a-vis my acupuncture therapist. WOW! I had success within three weeks of using the product (all natural), and have become a prime endorser of it. I STRONGLY encourage you to inquire about the "Male Formula" at: ambika@prodigy.net Tell her Scott recommended you. Believe me when I tell you, I have a very complex health history, and had just about resigned myself to the fact that my sex life was gone-over-done. If this worked for ME, I sincerely believe it is worth you giving it a shot. Bon Chance!

applepantry

Reged: 04/30/12
      #265979 - 08/29/12 05:57 PM

I am in the same boat and think that alot of it comes from the meth use of the past, my T-cells are alot lower and I am on Reyataz and Truvada and a bunch of other meds, my hubby and i are like roomates and its starting to worry me...my testosterone levels are good, so I really believe that once you take the recreational drugs out of the picture for years now my body is still adjusting...ugh!!!

jtpa
Regular

Reged: 03/11/12
Loc: Florida
      #268985 - 11/14/12 03:06 PM

Does this natural remedy for increasing the sex drive come with an ingredients used? I really like to know what I am taking and I pass everything through my doc. Please let me know.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 4441

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3