Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Gay Men

Pages: 1
New User

Reged: 06/11/12
Loc: Tennessee
Loss of Sex Drive
      #263658 - 06/11/12 11:26 AM

Ok, so I am 37 and on Truvada and Isentress. My viral load is undetectable and my T-cells are around 750. I have hardly any sex drive. I would chose reading a book over sex any day of the week. I used to be a meth addict but I have been clean for two years. Is it possible that my previous meth use has killed my sex drive? I have been to my HIV doctor and he has tested my testosterone levels, which are on the low side of normal. I had tried Androgel and it didn't increase my sex drive at all. My partner is negative and he has a healthy and constant sex drive. I don't know what else to do. I think he thinks I don't love him; I wish I could make my body respond. Has anyone else ever felt like this or confronted this experience?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  

Reged: 12/25/11
Loc: Jersey Shore
Re: Loss of Sex Drive new
      #263875 - 06/18/12 05:14 PM

Your not alone. And I'm stating from a female perspective. Luckily hubby understands. But I have learn that you can just go for it for the sake of your partner, And sometimes you may even find yourself enjoying. I like to think that love isn't just about sex. Sometimes just hugging and laughing helps. But I do tell hubby just because I'm walking about in panties doesn't mean I'm looking for anything cept maybe my top. lol

Look up to the Heavens for the answers to Lifes questions .

New User

Reged: 01/28/10
Loc: seattle. wa
      #263975 - 06/21/12 06:25 PM

Me too same meds also ex meth user and NO sex drive at all. My hubby is Negative poor guy needs to get some and I used to be the biggest nymph these days I'd rather watch baseball. Not sure if its the MEDS or what. I guess we have to tt our drs?

New User

Reged: 06/21/12
      #263978 - 06/21/12 06:39 PM

I've been in exactly the same situation, with the same reaction from my partner. And Testim didn't work for me. What did, and it's been amazing, is Testapel. I get an injection of tiny testosterone pellets every four to six months. The testosterone slowly leaks into my body -- no up and down surges like with injections. My sex drive is back to normal, as is my energy level and my mood. And my insurance pays for it.

New User

Reged: 06/22/12
      #264001 - 06/22/12 04:20 AM

I am a 52 year-old man who has tried EVERYTHING out there,with no results...UNTIL: I entered a trial from a homeopathic practitioner,vis-a-vis my acupuncture therapist. WOW! I had success within three weeks of using the product (all natural), and have become a prime endorser of it. I STRONGLY encourage you to inquire about the "Male Formula" at: Tell her Scott recommended you. Believe me when I tell you, I have a very complex health history, and had just about resigned myself to the fact that my sex life was gone-over-done. If this worked for ME, I sincerely believe it is worth you giving it a shot. Bon Chance!

New User

Reged: 04/30/12
      #265979 - 08/29/12 09:57 PM

I am in the same boat and think that alot of it comes from the meth use of the past, my T-cells are alot lower and I am on Reyataz and Truvada and a bunch of other meds, my hubby and i are like roomates and its starting to worry testosterone levels are good, so I really believe that once you take the recreational drugs out of the picture for years now my body is still adjusting...ugh!!!

Reged: 03/11/12
Loc: Florida
      #268985 - 11/14/12 08:06 PM

Does this natural remedy for increasing the sex drive come with an ingredients used? I really like to know what I am taking and I pass everything through my doc. Please let me know.

Pages: 1

What's New at

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, gigi, riverprincess 

You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 6443

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3