Post deleted by bricabrac

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
livesinadream
Regular

Reged: 06/29/06
Loc: minnesota
Re: Does anyone feel as lonely as I do? new
      #243433 - 12/02/08 11:05 PM

some days yes. Sme days I feel so much beautiful compassion from fellow humans that my faith in happiness is restored. I just got out f my first poz relationship a few months back. Amazing and taught me alot and taught me that anyone who wants to be with me needs to be a real man and I won't settle for anything less. I often come here when I'm down because I feel so many hugs and love from those around me. Hang in there... we'll make it

Michael_B

Reged: 12/02/08
Re: Does anyone feel as lonely as I do? *DELETED* *DELETED* new
      #243436 - 12/03/08 04:45 AM

Btony
Regular

Reged: 11/15/08
      #243456 - 12/03/08 10:54 PM

Although I am in a relationship, I do feel lonely at times. We have no gay friends near by and my best friends live so far away. I really have no one to confide in or really talk to about stuff. I try to keep my chins up (joke) and smile. I come here to talk to thoses that are positive or gay or whatever. It helps.

katherineD

Reged: 12/10/08
      #243509 - 12/10/08 04:15 PM

It's the human condition! You got to work hard not to feel lonely and really really HIV has nothing to do with it!

Michael_B

Reged: 12/02/08
Re: Does anyone feel as lonely as I do? *DELETED* *DELETED* new
      #243518 - 12/10/08 11:46 PM

katherineD

Reged: 12/10/08
      #243535 - 12/14/08 09:47 AM

I know I stopped thinking my feelings of desparation had anything to do with HIV. Lots of people have really awful personal situations....they are deaf or blind or really ugly and seem to be able to make the best of it. Skills are needed, I think. Good perspective too. Life is full of ups and downs and most parents don't prepare their kids for the many downs....HIV is just one down. And in 2008 there are a lot of things much more devastating!

Florida69
Legend

Reged: 02/19/07
      #243546 - 12/15/08 09:14 AM

Quote:

I know I stopped thinking my feelings of desparation had anything to do with HIV. Lots of people have really awful personal situations....they are deaf or blind or really ugly and seem to be able to make the best of it.

Beauty is only skin deep ugly is to the bone, remember that beauty just fades away, but that ugliness lingers on. Although a person may not be pretty on the outside, most people have good hearts. You may be attractive, but that will not last forever, looks are only part of person. I am lucky to be an attractive person, but if my looks ever fail, I will have my true heart and warm personality to carry me through, I will not have a disability like being blind or deaf. Your comments are insensative, and honestly nasty. You play the hand you are dealt, but remember that carma sometimes has a way of reshuffling the deck. Perhaps a skill that you should look into is compassion for others. Good luck, D

dee07

Reged: 01/06/09
      #243764 - 01/07/09 10:57 PM

So how is therapy going? Are you still dealing with the loneliness factor?

bubbleboy

Reged: 01/15/09
Loc: California
      #243877 - 01/15/09 03:37 AM

YES! And it sucks, I know. Was diagnosed in 2001 which floored me, then found out I had a CD4 of 35. Double whammy. My partner of 11 years left me 3 years ago in December and I still cant seem to snap out of my feelings of isolation and lonliness. I cant get into the dating thing because of my HIV even though I am undetectable and healthy. Only recently even considered dating. Am not one to disclose on a first date and certainly wont let things start to progress and then disclose because that just seems like a total deal breaker then. So what is one to do? You could possibly check out the website poz.com and post a personal ad. Ive decided that I am just not comfortable dating someone unless its on the table out of the gate and am for one sick of feeling lonely too. And of course reaching out is always a good thing too! Thats why I ended up here tonight! LOL! It sounds like you are doing better and hope all is well. Never alone but feeling lonely is a bummer place to be.

Stu

Reged: 01/21/09
      #244026 - 01/21/09 09:54 PM

Being positive is obviously a big thing to deal with, i am not poz and when my now fiance met me he didn't tell me, we had safe sex and then someone threaten to tell me if he didn't.
He phoned me really upset, crying and said you won't want to know me when i tell you. I said what is the worst it can be, you don't want to go out with me and go back to your old boyfriend. and Yeah that would hurt. But he said i am HIV positive, i said and !!! - ok - so not everyone reacts the same, I was starting to have feelings for him and he was for me. We are now in love, and got engaged.
So don't think everyone will react the same, i can't be the only one who won't go mad and just take it as well ok, you are HIV positive and the big problem is ???

I guess unless you are well educated on the matter, everyone assumes, HIV positive, AIDS Death... Rather than HIV positive, on meds, stay healthy for years, live a happy life in a relationship, and live as much as a normal life as possible.

xx

hopefulone
Master

Reged: 12/05/08
Loc: NY, NY
      #244054 - 01/22/09 10:44 PM

i have heard this many times, i guess i was more closed minded myself....i am surprised at how understanding some people are about hiv including their willingness to have safe sex...i always thought, when i was neg, that i would never have sex with someone poz...apparently i did anyway...

qbyrd39

Reged: 02/25/09
Loc: san antonio,tx
      #244825 - 02/26/09 12:28 PM

Hey yes I feel exactly like you guy I have been diagnosed 6yrs as well an I am very lonely I just moved back to san antonio from atl 6months ago an have found it vry hard to make friends or to date it makes me feel very depressed at times if u like write me back an let me know if u have yahoo im or maybe we can exchange pone numbers an pics my name is Quinton btw

notreadyforthis

Reged: 03/02/09
Loc: New Mexico, US
      #244853 - 03/02/09 04:51 PM

I got my results last Thursday, and this redefines 'loneliness.'

I'm stuck here with my (supportive, yet questioning) partner in an isolated desert town, (where's he's stationed with the military) and I feel like I don't have anyone to confide in. My best friend's been great, I guess. Online resources are equally helpful.. but, I dunno. Maybe this is how I'm supposed to feel.

I'm just glad I feel something. I've been numb for the past couple days.. both my partner and best friend are like, "wow, you're taking this really well" - I guess feeling numb is better than killing myself, or crying myself to sleep every night.

This sucks.. please help.

vejgeta9

Reged: 11/15/08
Loc: Phoenix, Az
      #246690 - 07/24/09 05:07 AM

I guess btony and I ar in the same boat. Although I'm far from my partner, too.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9727

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3