HIV Life >> Gay Men

Pages: 1
Angel_Ronnie
Guru

Reged: 06/01/06
Loc: Gauteng, South Africa
concerned
      #242753 - 10/16/08 01:31 AM

This morning I read one of the websites i frequent and have learned that one of my friends who was in a neg/pos relationship now after having an open relationship going to steam houses and meeting guys from gaydar the one that was negative is now also positive when i read some profiles on gaydar or when i was on there, have i learned of guys stating that they got it from another on the gaydar site being irresponsible and naive i have spoken to about fifty guys that met someone from gaydar had unprotected sex got infected when are those guys that live in denial stop infecting innocent people. I am praying everyday that somehow the gaydar servers get hacked and they download a virus that will destroy the whole gaydar network all data from there. I am so sad by the news of my friend but more saddened by the fact that Wayne can't live without that site. Am i to leave it leave him and know that this is how his life will turn out of being on there.

wish the guys that hacked aids2hiv and destroyed it will do the same with the gaydar networks

--------------------
"Live for today, because what you do today is what you use to make your future"

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
August69
All Star

Reged: 03/22/08
Re: concerned new
      #242773 - 10/17/08 12:21 PM

There are so many sites for hooking up casually with other guys. To single out one site is not very fair. The problem lies in the people using the site not taking their own responsibility. I know that I would view everyone who uses the site as pos, and would take the appropriate action when meeting. I personally know of aprox 10 different sites my friends use on a regular basis.

Angel_Ronnie
Guru

#242796 - 10/20/08 01:18 AM

there are many sites here to the same you guys have but it is so sad what we have become as a society and a community here in South Africa and now I can see why we have the stigma going with hiv here and is that fair to those who is living with the hiv every single day for the rest of their lives?

--------------------

Billy_G

Reged: 06/23/08
      #242915 - 10/27/08 03:48 AM

Ronnie, as a fellow SA guy I agree that it's not fair to attach stigma to HIV or being gay or anything in that line, but we must also choose to associate with what we want to be seen as. I'm in a poz/neg relationship and our friends/family give a damn about our HIV status - it's the way we portray who we are that makes us who we are!

Just a thought...

Angel_Ronnie
Guru

#243020 - 11/04/08 06:18 AM

but see this is what i am talking about they don't give a damn because we would rather live in secret with hiv than letting those that are close to us know sweep it under a carpet as my ex wanted me to do and I refuse because we live in a society where education is to play a big role and that is where we can make a difference and it starts with our own family and friends and from there you can be an inspiration to all that surrounds you being and spirit since I am not ashamed of it I make a point to talk about it and you will not believe the good positive response and support I get and the interest from strangers that would like to know more and new friendships are created. That is what making us unique is to be open about it and have the ability to educate and portray fabulousness.

--------------------

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3460

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3