Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Gay Men

Pages: 1
worrywart
Unregistered

Anal wart surgery
      #156142 - 06/13/05 11:50 AM

I am about to have surgery for anal warts that I have in my anal canal. I was wondering if anyone else has had the outpatient surgery and tell me wht it's like post-op. when will I be able to go back to work? How long am I likey to be in discomfort?

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Anal wart surgery new
      #156373 - 06/22/05 02:15 AM

it depends on how bad they are and they type of removal. If its laser...hold on nelly and take a full week off after. It took me almost two weeks to be able to function again.

spiritzone2
Grand Master

Reged: 06/24/05
Loc: PORTLAND ROCKS !!
      #156557 - 06/25/05 06:40 PM

oh dude man, i feel for you. I don't want to give you any bad vibes, but this is going to hurt you worse than probably anything you've experienced so far. Yes i have experienced what you are about to experience. Oh man, be kind to yourself for the next couple of months. treat yourself and love yourself. What's your favorite flavor of ice cream? The post op is going to be intense. Have you ever had a tattoo in the pelvic region ? Have you had surgery on your feet? Oh man, i don't even know what to compare it to, sergury on your lip. Gosh, the anal area sure is a sensative area which has a jillion nerve endings and oh man this is going to suck for you BUT once you heal up, things will be much better.

--------------------
OUR FOCUS DETERMINES OUR REALITY.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#156760 - 07/02/05 07:39 PM

Well, I guess we all have different tolerances for pain. I had mine "cut out" back in the 80's. It wasn't pleasant, but I was up and functioning in a couple of days. I even gave a dinner party for 12 the day after surgery. The only bad part was the first BM!! You'll be fine. Just suck it up, others have gone through far worse.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#156945 - 07/08/05 02:38 AM

I forgot to tell you. Go get a two month supply of Tucks Medicated Pads. Trust me on this. Once you get through the first week with Gods Grace and Oxycodone your going to be ok. no belts for at least 2 months nad if you have some comfy house pants thats even beter.
Let us know how things are going.

MSLJAYNYC

Reged: 07/13/05
Loc: NYC, NY
      #157160 - 07/13/05 11:56 AM

Oh great, now I am freaked out. I too found out this week that I have AW. Good luck....I am going to my appointment next week. UGH!

jpa
Unregistered

#157231 - 07/14/05 10:13 AM

Hi, I too am worried about anal warts down there. The feel of it makes me wonder. How does a guy know for sure. I have indicated this to my doctor, but all she says is that it is only a small case of human papilloma virus. Isn't that the same thing as anal warts. I'm I getting a vibe from my doctor of not caring since I'm gay and this is common in gay men? I asked for a second opinion. My doctor had not response to giving me a referrl to see someone and get a anal pap smear. Is a pap smear the same thing as sticking a finger in the anal canal? How could I convince this doctor to give me some credit for being concern?
from the land of entrapment,
Jon

Anonymous
Unregistered

#157508 - 07/19/05 11:01 PM

Hey down there, How did your appoint go? Could you tell me what your doctor did and found out. I would like to know if getting a pap smear is the ideal thing for this and how is a guy going to get that done?
I hope all is well.
Jon

Anonymous
Unregistered

#157834 - 07/27/05 08:30 PM

I had this done about two months ago. Yes, it hurts to go to the bathroom - alot. I thought I could go back to work after taking five days off. I was wrong. I needed about one more week. Two weeks off is best.

oh my ass!!!
Unregistered

#157943 - 07/30/05 01:15 PM

OK, IF YOU ARE LIKE ME AND THINK THAT BEING PASSED AROUND AS THE LOCKER ROOM FAVOR OF THE 49ER'S IS NO BIG DEAL AND THINK AHH A LITTLE ANAL SURGERY, NO BIG DEAL, RIGHT? WELL THIS SURGERY IS LIKE BEING PASSED AROUND THE OAKLAND RAIDERS LOCKER ROOM 100 TIMES THEN DOUCHING WITH RUBBING ALCOHOL!!! THIS SURGERY HURTS!! INSANE! TAKE YOUR PAIN PILLS AND THEN SOME, ALSO TAKE MILK OF MAGNESIA TOO, ALONG WITH YOUR COLASE. ALSO BUY SOME DEPENDS ADULT DIAPERS, YOU WILL NEED THEM FOR ABOUT 2 WEEKS.

bamablond

Reged: 01/27/05
Loc: Montg, AL
      #158102 - 08/03/05 05:40 PM

Wow! whats so great about HPV is it keeps coming back... them warts revisit several times... I have a friend that is on his 3rd surgery in the last 5 years... damned if you do and damned if you dont... if their not removed its a precursor for colon cancer,,, Best of luck...

MSLJAYNYC

Reged: 07/13/05
Loc: NYC, NY
      #160832 - 09/29/05 03:34 PM

so I finally went to the doctor and i have to have surgery - the good thing about this is that once they are removed they are gone for good - THE DON'T COME BACK!!

Take care.

DanielMark
Expert

Reged: 06/06/04
Loc: Ottawa Canada
      #164996 - 11/22/05 04:42 PM

I had some (large mass) anal warts removed by laser surgery in September of 2003. So far so good.

--------------------
Follow your honest heart

DanielMark
Expert

Reged: 06/06/04
Loc: Ottawa Canada
      #164998 - 11/22/05 04:44 PM

Jon,

I would advise you to start looking not only for a second opinion, but a new doctor. At best, this one sounds incompetent.

--------------------
Follow your honest heart

Bruce_Herbertson

Reged: 05/17/12
      #263084 - 05/17/12 10:54 PM

Just had surgery today and I can say it is the most horrible thing I have ever gone through. My doctor wasn't able to remove all of them during this surgery. I will need another surgery very soon. Sadly this is going to a life long battle for me. HIV and now HPV. My doctor says that if it isn't cancer this time and he highly suspects it is cancerous, that it will eventually become cancerous. He said that the rapid growth of the warts leads him to tell me that. I have only been diagnosed since March. But there was a sense of urgency to remove the warts. The pain of the surgery is almost more than I can handle. I usually have a very high tolerance for pain. On a scale of 1 to 10, it is a 10+. Sorry for scaring people. I just want to let people what they are in for. I will probably have to have this surgery every year for the rest of my life.

--------------------
BMH3

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 23834

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3