Advertisement
The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

Past Forums (read only) >> Coping With HIV

Pages: 1
TrueOptimist

Reged: 05/23/10
For the love of God,please read this.anyone.
      #250505 - 05/26/10 02:29 AM

I am having upset stomach,a rash that wont go away,i feel like my muscles are heavy and i feel weak,im feeling nauseated,my lymph nodes are swollen.I have been having unprotected sex with someone who just tested hiv positive,we both just found out.I am so scared,im so scared,i dont know what to do someone anyone please help me,please i beg you please im feeling so sick i dont know what to do im panicking right now.I feel like this virus is taking over my body.i know im infected im just suffering from the symptoms.someone,anyone,please help me,tell me what to do,im so scared.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Jackie__Blue
Legend

Reged: 01/20/07
Re: For the love of God,please read this.anyone. new
      #250510 - 05/26/10 06:06 AM

Quit whinning. If you do have HIV sitting around crying and whinning about it isn't going to be useful. HIV is a long haul disease that isn't for, as ScotCharles says, sissies. So practice on acting like a grown up just in case.

JoshColo

Reged: 06/04/10
Loc: Denver, CO
      #250639 - 06/05/10 01:25 PM

Hi TrueOptimist,
First, start thinking with optimism, as your name suggests. Your symptoms could be a variety of things, not just HIV infection. Once you've pulled yourself together, go get a test done. That way you'll know. In some ways, that first step is the hardest one to take but go and DO IT. That way you'll know one way or the other, but at the very least you will know. Don't panic if it comes back positive. Read these posts, there are more than a million HIV+ Americans, and we are all busy getting on with our lives and LIVING. I'm inspired by these people, some of whom struggle every day to do the things they do because of meds, and others who are just scared to death - but they get on with it! Let me know how the test goes. Peace and health to you!

Redeye77
Regular

Reged: 05/30/10
      #250724 - 06/13/10 12:20 AM

Sensitively put, for someone who like many when they first come to the possibilty of being infected is experiencing the same anxieties. Learning to live with it isn't something you UNTIL YOU KNOW YOU HAVE IT. until then each person has the right to be anxious about the unkown

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5242

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement