Breaking News: FDA Approves Triumeq, New Once-Daily Combination Pill

Past Forums (read only) >> Coping With HIV

Pages: 1
worried09
Regular

Reged: 02/03/10
IT'S HARD COPING
      #249337 - 02/08/10 01:17 PM

Well i'm infected but undetectable all through I take my meds i'm still having a hard time coping with this,i don't know if I wake up tomorrow will i be sick or will i get sick.I am learning to take it day by day but it is still hard.I am married she 's not infected she has been alot of help to me,i have two children so i have to cope with this for them because i want to see them go up.Can someone tell me hope to cope withis a little better.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Angel_Ronnie
Guru

Reged: 06/01/06
Loc: Gauteng, South Africa
Re: IT'S HARD COPING new
      #249382 - 02/11/10 03:22 AM

Worried, it is never easy coping but there is help available, you can join a support group or seek help with a therapist.

learn as much as you can about hiv read and educate yourself, equip yourself with power of understanding the situation you are in.

if you can start training, go to a gym and start working on your fitness and health. a healthy body generates a healthy mind, if i feel like sometimes that i can't cope then i go train it has help me get a perspective on life and what i want to achieve yes it does help, motivate yourself by reminding yourself that you are not doing it only for yourself but so to for your wife and children the reason to fight it.

--------------------
"Live for today, because what you do today is what you use to make your future"

worried09
Regular

#249439 - 02/15/10 09:13 AM

Thanks for your response see i have wasting and if i work out to much i start to lose weight so the only thing I can do is push ups that helps i don't lose weight and my body has a nice tone from doing them.I do have a positive mind about this at first i didn't because some people in the hospital i was at read my chart wrong(trying to be smart)and put some wrong information out.See my wife is a(RN)and she worked at this hospital for many years so she knows about everybody that works there,so when I got sick some of her friends had to take blood from me and some of them are nurses also so they had to read my chart and that 's when the trouble begin.Do you know her husband is sick that was last year so now i'm undectetable now and i feel good i have 3 beautiful kids and a wonderful wife i have to live for so i can't worry about what people say anymore because they are going to say what ever they want to anyway.

Angel_Ronnie
Guru

#249447 - 02/17/10 02:18 AM

i had family talking saying i will commit suicide if i'm diagnosed so 4 years later and this man is still standing, i have a successful career, i train three to four times a week and adhere to my meds every night and doing great. Got myself another tatoo and look healthier than my brothers and sisters. i am the youngest of 5. Even my doctor said i make good look really good and i put him to shame looking so healthy. BP is 110/60 for the last 2,5 years. see it is how you deal with it.

--------------------

worried09
Regular

#249448 - 02/17/10 09:18 AM

Thank you for your words so what kind of work out do u do,do u have a personal trainer all i do is push ups but thats working for me.I have a nice body tone,I'm 42 years i tested positive last year but i could have this for has long has 17 years never got sick until last year and i went to the hospital for MSRA that's when i found out.My wife is no poz and i'm undectetable all is good but somedays are harder than others.I have 3 kids my oldes is 22 my youngs is 13 months by the grace of GOD my wife and son did not get infected and i think him for that.

Angel_Ronnie
Guru

#249460 - 02/17/10 11:34 PM

I do free weights as I have the need to bulk up been slender far to long weight was 62 when i started I'm currently up to 71 and still climbing do cardio at least once a week. when i change my program that is the only time i get my trainer. other than that it is suppliments. tribulus and mass gain, and human growth hormones all by Biogen. pull-ups is just as fun try to better myself when doing it. I do relay runs when I have time. Amongst many other things that keep my mind busy. Work after hours on house drawings for extra income working full time for consulting engineers.

My partner is 42 and neg a total awesome support to have. I was fortunate to have met him, here in south africa when people discover you have hiv they avoid you like the plage. many good has come from it for me, my work knows about it and they support me 100% of the way so yes I am blessed from that point of view.

I was never sick, i went for a home loan to buy a house when they contacted me and said declined because of you hiv status being positive.

--------------------

worried09
Regular

#249474 - 02/18/10 02:25 PM

When i was working out i getting results but i was loseing weight at the same time so i started to eat peanut and jelly sandwiches before i worked out.I was still loseing weight so i got scared and stop with in a couple of weeks i put the weight back on.I really don't know what was going on with that maybe u can tell me.That't good u have someone in your life u can depend on,i haven't told my family yet because they are so shallow when it comes to something like this it won't be a family matter it would be a community matter.Thats how they are.

Angel_Ronnie
Guru

#249487 - 02/19/10 07:57 AM

What you can consider is to get human growth hormone (HGH) by Biogen and tribulus it is supplements and it is working like a bom. I eat at least 6 times a day that way you can maintain your weight. if you are like me training as if it the last time then yes you will lose cm not pounds. i rather have a flat stomach than a belly my waist is 28 inches and my weight climbed from 62 to 71 kilograms about 156 pounds. it is never easy with family that is why i don't speak to them I don't pity myself so why should they. i lost my father last year august but i do phone my mom occasionally to find out if she is doing ok. Brothers and sisters always plead poverty and do drugs which i do not condone at all and that is one of the reasons i don't talk to them. they have money for that crap but not to pay their debt. see we all have something that will be an issue, it is how we handle it that makes a difference to who we are.

--------------------

worried09
Regular

#249496 - 02/20/10 10:34 AM

What are they protein drinks and how do i get them, i weight 173 pounds but i'm trying to get to 180 or 185 but i'm stuck at 173 to 175 know matter what i do.

Angel_Ronnie
Guru

#249507 - 02/21/10 11:42 PM

Human growth hormones is in tablet form you take three at night when going to bed. it replaces tissue and repairs muscle. The Tribulus is also tablet I take it half an hour before I go and train it gives you energy when most needed, if you are like me that can't keep weight and battle to gain then that is normal, when training just remember that when you lose weight it is because it is that you are not meant to gain excessively but you will be gaining in muscle. You can get Biogen Or Evox at any fitness centre or shop. when using supplements you also need to eat plenty at times so you can replace all protein that is lost a protein shake and mass gain is also good when training.

--------------------

worried09
Regular

#249525 - 02/23/10 02:23 PM

Thank You I will try these i do about 300 pushups a day and my body really looks well toned my family they ask me are you lifting weights, I don't say anything but smile.I just don't want to look like i'm sick and that's what i looked like all skinny and stuff,small face,skinny neck but i' great now peanut butter and jelly has also put weight on me i eat them all day.So i'm going to give the gym one more chance.

tsholofelo

Reged: 03/16/10
      #249808 - 03/19/10 10:48 AM

hello worried

dont despair,it takes time but u will be okay,my man happens to be + whist im negative but u know what,we love each other so deeply,i think 80% of the time we forget that he is +,i dont think about it and i think he forgets too.we are very careful people sexually from the time we met(2years now)and there was a time when i got exposed because of a condom being left inside of me after sex.no one knows about his status and we dont intend to tell,why should we?we have everything under control.maybe ur loosing weight is because of too much worry and that uncomfortableness.with us he gains weight everyday,not because he eats too much but because he is happy.he is not on his meds yet,but he will start soon as we are planning on getting married and having kids.

so goodluck with urself,it is not the end of the world but a beginning of a new life.i thank God for Angel.... whose been responding to ur posts,we need more like him for encouragement.

Angel_Ronnie
Guru

#249840 - 03/23/10 04:45 AM

Thank you so much for this compliment I so appreciate it. we all react differently with stress and it can be something as simple as weight gain or loss. I have been blessed not to gain weight like the rest of my family, but now being on meds things can change and so to it is what I do to prevent from getting a belly. It is something i never had can't imagine my built with one it will look like someone that swallowed a pea or marble. Though like i said rather look fit than obese, look lean than having a belly.

--------------------

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 9843

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3

Advertisement