Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

HIV Life >> Women

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

surrogate mothers
      #99667 - 06/08/04 02:38 PM

As a gay man who has always wanted children I have been wondering about looking into surrogate mothers, but she would have to be hiv + since I am. I am healthy and doing well. Educated and stable. But, when I've inquired about this at "gay and lesbian" surrogacy organizations I don't even get a response.

So, I am wondering if I am way off base or if this is something I could actually pursue with an HIV + woman. Of course I would like her to be healthy and high numbers and willing to take meds so that the baby is less likely to be born HIV +.

So, let me know if I am crazy. Thanks,

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: surrogate mothers new
      #99785 - 06/11/04 01:47 PM

You are not crazy. I am sure there is somebody out there willing to help you, but there is usually a fee for this type of service.

You might want to place an ad somewhere in a newspaper and see what kind of response you get.

Alot of things need tro be considered if you do find the right person, and you should see an attorney to cover all bases, like if you want the mother involved at all, visitation, what happens to the child if you or her pass, or become to ill to care for it. etc..

Good luck

Anonymous
Unregistered

#100448 - 06/27/04 05:18 PM

I think this would be a a wonderful thing for you to do..Please continue to search for someone. I am sure you will be blessed.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#110351 - 08/20/04 06:44 PM

Your surrogate doesn't have to be positive. With IVF & Sperm Washing some surrogates may be willing to carry for you. There is a heated debate about this on surromoms.com. I wish you well in your search for a surrogate. Everyone has the right to reproduce. As long as your educated about the risks of transmission to the surrogate and or baby. Do a search under Gay Men for surrogates theres an older post from a surrogate who is willing to work with a Gay couple. I wish you the best.

B

Curtis
Unregistered

#157012 - 07/09/05 07:40 PM

Thank god someone who thinks like me. I'm positive a gay man who also wants a child witha positive woman. i have found that this request is very much brushed under the carpet. Its simply prejudiced even amongst prominent HIV organiations. as a british gay black man I am seeking a black lesbian/ straight positive woman, but to my horror Im still searching for a single reply after two years of trying. your advert is a gimer of hope that someone out there is thinking on the same lines as my self.

Im currently hoping to set up a web page for hiv + people wanting to father children or + women seking positive donars. im sure that this is a nessary step.WE must simply help our selves to get the results we want as our request are simply seen as opporant.

keep in tough
embracearnim@yahoo.com

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3497

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3