Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

HIV Life >> Women

Pages: 1
SHAYE

Reged: 05/05/04
HIV AT HOME TEST
      #97641 - 05/05/04 05:04 PM

Hey does any one know of an at home test that is said to work? I am really worried about getting a test done and would rather do it at home first. I heard only trust the ones that Are FDA approved, but I was wondering if anyone knew of one reliable one. I know I am going to have to get tested at a real facility, but I am just a really scared as I am sure a lot of people can relate to.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Chiquilla
Unregistered

Re: HIV AT HOME TEST new
      #97642 - 05/05/04 05:32 PM

Hey you! The Body endorses the FDA approved test which is the Home Access. Often when you open up thebody.com page, there is a pop-up for the Home Access test, which would have a link for you to order. I used that test for my final test (I went at 8 weeks after exposure to Planned Parenthood), and I found the Home Access test to be easy to use. I also didn't have to wait almost 3 WEEKS for my results, as I did with the PP test. Good luck on your test, and just try to keep cool. I know that waiting out the window period, testing, and then waiting for the results is something that is akin to torture; so I can definitly feel you on that. Just try and breath deeply, do things you like to do, and try to get through this time with the support of loved ones. Also check aidsmeds.com for more resources. They have a great message board as well, with caring individuals that will offer TONS of support.
I hope this helps!
:)
Chiquilla

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: HIV AT HOME TEST new
      #99514 - 06/04/04 09:11 PM

IF YOU FEEL U NEED TO GET TESTED GET IT OVER U HAVE TO LIVE WITH WHATEVER IS THE ANSWER TAKE CARE OF YOURSELF THATS MOST IMPORTANT PHYSICALLY ,MENTALLY AND SPIRTUALLY

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2703

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3