Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Women

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

AIDS or HIV
      #8141 - 08/08/00 10:44 PM

i will find out on monday the results of my first hiv test after 11 years of protected/unprotected sex with hetero men. i am such a basket case. it is the only thing i have thought about for the past week and today while surfing for more information...found a site which associated recurrent yeast infections and easy bruising with AIDS...it never occurred to me that i could be at this stage until know.... i can't even think straight i am so panicked...PLEASE help!! how severe would my yeast infection be if i had AIDS...what other symptons would be obvious. i have severe digestive problems that also may be attributed to AIDS as well as lots of strange internal pains...sharp pains that have me doubled over at times....PLEASE HELP. I NEED SOMEONE TO TELL ME.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
TAngel
Unregistered

Re: AIDS or HIV new
      #8257 - 08/10/00 10:36 PM

I understand your nervousness right now, but please try not to jump to conclusions! You will make yourself crazy! Yes, recurring yeast infections can be a symptom of being HIV+, NOT necessarily AIDS. Any of your symptoms could be due to a number of medical conditions completely unrelated to HIV/AIDS. I have minor health problems myself (I think probably everyone does!), but they have NOTHING to do with my HIV status! Please find a GI (Gastroenterologist) doctor in your area about your digestive problems! I certainly hope your test turns out negative - You are in my prayers. . .

NerveUs

Reged: 08/07/00
      #8265 - 08/11/00 12:27 AM

thank you Tangel...i have checked every hour it seems like for a response to this posting. i am nervous but am slowly getting a handle on it. i am so scared because other than this site...i don't have anywhere else to turn. i am an only child and it's just me and my mom. i am more nervous for her at times... thank you for responding. i really appreciate it. my thoughts are with you...

TAngel
Unregistered

#8349 - 08/13/00 08:46 PM

If, God forbid, you should test positive, remember having HIV is no longer a "death sentence"!! I would never wish this virus on anyone, but with the medicinal miracles available today, we "positive people" live long, healthy, productive lives just like everyone else!! I'm sure you will have many, many more wonderful years to spend with your mom!! Thanks for your thoughts. . . You will be in mine as well!

pos_91

Reged: 09/05/00
      #9447 - 09/10/00 04:53 PM

I have found out the hard way that sometimes knowing to much is a dangerous thing. its true what TAngle said everyone has problems even in my hiv support group their are some people who right away blame every ache and pain on hiv/aids.Everyone gets older with age comes aches and pains, and just like a car things break down. I have had alot of digestive problems myself lately.I just thaought of something funny my oldest daughter who was born before i was infected was raised with my mom and i always said she sounds like a little old lady, cause thats what she hung around as a baby my mom used to spend alot of time in the senior citizen building on the corner of her housing development . one day the three of us were having pizza and my mom asked my daughter who was about 4 at the time if she wanted a pepperoni, she replied very seriously ,"No i can't eat that, that will burn my a** off. Anyway I have never had any problems before I could eat anything but now its terrible but I still don't think it has anything to do with my condition. Relax the medications that are out know can turn things around even if you do have tcells that qualify you aids i have gone from as low as 300 cd4 tcells up to know 9 yeears down the road 1050 cd4 and a viral load that is undetectable. I have been going nuts researching things on developmental delays my younger daughter is 4 and hiv negative she just recently started saying words. I have gone nuts looking up things and saying oh thats got to be it thats what is wrong with her. then a professional will tell me why she doesn't have what I have already accepted. First we thougtht she had hearing loss cause she had alot of ear infections. well we had brain stem testing done and her it showed her brain is recieving the sound. then i had a teacher say she may have pdd pervasive developmental disorders or slightly autistic. researched it accepted it had the pros say she tested non autistic so you see we really can make our minds accept things that aren't always true.hope this brings some relief. Keep me posted. Either way. Good luck

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5074

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3