Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Life >> Women

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

THE BODY
      #79866 - 01/04/04 06:26 PM

If anyone at THE BODY is listening, I want you to know that up until recently, I used this forum as a sort of haven. It has been the ONLY place I've been able to talk with other heterosexual HIV positive women about HIV, life in general, relationships, etc.

I know that you want us to simply "ignore" this ignorant AIDS denialist who has infected this board like the virus has infected our bodies, but I cannot simply ignore him. The rhetoric that he "reports" is not only stupid, ignorant and FALSE, but it is also DEADLY. If someone were to happen upon this board and read that heterosexual people are less than one in a million to catch HIV (as this person claims), it could have disastrous consequences. You've read his "claims"; you know how ridiculous they are. I cannot sit idly by and read his NUMEROUS posts, false though they are. The fact that you refuse to moderate what was once a safe haven saddens me. I will no longer be using this forum.

To the ignorant, uninformed, sad individual- I honestly don't know what you think you are accomplishing by being here. Nobody believes a word you type. You should confine your "thoughts" to handing out fliers on street corners, yelling at passers-by. For anyone who doesn't believe that HIV is caught by educated, heterosexual women who have never used an IV drug needle or worked as a prostitute can come live a day in my life. I CAUGHT IT FROM MY EX-HUSBAND. He has it, and I have it. He got it by having a LOT of unprotected sex with a LOT of people. I got it from having UNPROTECTED sex with HIM. In return, I am now having PROTECTED sex with my present/fututre partners. I am also an AIDS activist and volunteer peer counselor. My focus is mainly on YOUNG WOMEN, as we are the highest growing category to be continually contracting HIV. Your posts fall on the already infected. And for every IDIOTIC post that you have made, I have made sure I spoke to high schools, middle schools, and college classes on a continual basis. You are wasting nobody's time but your own. I will pray for you; that you will find the right answers soon, and stop spreading your hate.

Take care, everyone.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: THE BODY new
      #79892 - 01/05/04 11:40 AM

IMO, his main reason for being here is to be disruptive, and to achieve exactly the sort of thing it looks like he's achieved with you: managed to get you to stop visiting the board. He wants to shut it down by posting incessantly until nobody wants to be here anymore.

Personally, I don't think you should let him win so easily. Fine, he's posting all over the place. Fine, The Body looks like it's been doing a really bad job clearing out his posts (though I didn't see anything from him over the past several months -- does that mean they were doing a very good job getting rid of his detritus then, and just took Christmas and New Year's off?).

But does that mean we should let him win? Should we hurt ourselves and the people who come to this board looking for badly-needed support - something it looks like you yourself got out of this board - just because one, single, solitary, incredibly annoying individual is trying to ruin things for the rest of us? After all that the people who use this board have been through, I'd hope we've got more fight in us than that.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#79895 - 01/05/04 12:07 PM

I for one will not let the lunatics run the asylum.
I think THE BODY had done a great job getting rid of that idiot in the past but whoever was the watchdog took a lot of time off over the holidays and he used the opportunity to step back and cause harm.
I tend to check this site a couple of times a day, usually one of those times is late at night and I can tell you that THE BODY does get rid of his posts, if you check in the middle of the day you may never know he was putting anything out there because he was there and now the posts have been deleted.
Stick around people. We all have good things to say to those who have this disease. I've found this site to be an absolute lifesaver and I hope it can be just as useful to others.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#80033 - 01/07/04 11:44 AM

These denialists are so full of bull, I find them so uneducated and stupid, I just ignore them. When they eventually catch HIV if they already do not have it, then maybe they will learn. In the meantime I hope this website continues to eliminate their garbage posts.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#80053 - 01/07/04 03:53 PM

The Body has tried to moderate this guy. This is an open forum and so people post openly. They have someone daily delete this guy's posts. But sometimes he takes over. All the HIV websites have had to deal with this guy. He's out of his mind. He's HIV positive and imagines that he doesn't have to use protection or take medications. He devotes hours of his day posting on lots of sites. This has become the center of his pathetic life.

Why would you abandon this great site because of this one complete jerk? He's not only rude, he's got some sort of mental illness. Why blame The Body for this one nutcase? Don't you think they are trying their best to stop him? Why let him win? He's a doomed guy who's living in some dream world!

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2673

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3