Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Women

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Losing my fat tummy//South Beach Diet
      #78954 - 12/04/03 08:35 AM

I have noticed that I've been gaining weight in my belly. I don't have the muscle loss in my legs and butt but my once trim waistline has gotten bigger and bigger. My doc says it is lipodystropy and I can't really change meds since I had a hard time finding a combo to work.
I started the South Beach diet several weeks ago and I'm finding it is helping me lose my fat tummy. I'm on week 4 and have lost 14.5 lbs with a big change in my waistline.
I hope this works for some others. My doc says it is a generally healthy, better than Adkins cause it has more carbs. but will only help "some"...I on't really care, if my waist can shrink ANY I will be happy!!!

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Anyone else having trouble with lipo? new
      #78955 - 12/04/03 08:39 AM

This is my worst fear. I hate the thought of the misshapen body I keep hearing about. Do most women get lipo?
If this diet really works I will definitely file it away for later.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Anyone else having trouble with lipo? new
      #78965 - 12/04/03 11:29 AM

It depends on the medications you're taking...some of the new medications don't have this side effect.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Losing my fat tummy//South Beach Diet new
      #78983 - 12/04/03 09:39 PM

please help! What is the South Beach Diet. I have lipodystropy, and I hate my body shape now. I also have muscle or fat lose in my face, arms and butts. Please if you can help I would be very happy. Thanks

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Losing my fat tummy//South Beach Diet new
      #78987 - 12/04/03 10:43 PM

Look in your favorite bookstore.The book is written by a cardiologist. It's the new version of the low carb diet. It's healthier than Adkins and is especially good for "apple " shaped people (weight around the middle). I don't think it does anything for the lipo added weight on the inside of the abdomen but it can help by reducing the amount of fat on the outside of the muscle layers, like "love handles".
Talk to yur doc before starting it. If your lipo is getting bad you should probably first talk about what can be done with your meds.
There are also web sites that talk about this diet. Just put "South Beach Diet" in your searchword line and click on "Go". You should find several to look at.

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Anyone else having trouble with lipo? new
      #79113 - 12/10/03 07:45 PM

Don't worry too much...I think the newest studies say that getting regular exercise can help ward off lipo. They also say quiting smoking can also help. I've been on Crixivan and Combivir for 5.5 yrs...work out a few times a week and have only seen a slight barely noticible pocket of fat on one side of my waist. I think current research also says that men are more likely to get lipo. Stay healthy and take care of yourself.
Kristin

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5572

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3