Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Life >> Women

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

positively positive
      #65225 - 06/05/03 06:16 AM

Hello people! I am a 35 year old woman living in the UK. I was diagnosed as HIV+ in Jan 2002. I had become extrememly ill with too many symptoms to remember ( particularly now). I took an HIV test as a point of elimination and to my utter stomach thumping thud it came back positive. I lived out all my discriminations.....I had not been very promiscuous, I had never been an IV drug user, I was middle class and white, blah blah, why me??? My CD4 count was 50 and my viral load was'off the scale' in the hundreds of thousands; how I was still walking and breathing was a miracle.My lovely boyfriend tested positive too...a double whammy.

Anyway, I don't want to labour the negative points. What I would like to say is that 16 months into treatment I feel 'born again'. I have no more spots, itching, mouth sores, night sweats, fatigue, sore throats, coughs, stomach problems, weight loss ( see it's coming back to me!), even my cervical dyslasia has rectified itself. My VL is below level of detection and CD4 up to 250 ( which doesn't sound great, but sure as hell FEELS great).After having to sack off the paradoxical sustiva (the dreams which kept me awake all night), I now take viramune and combivir. Just 4 tabs a day...and I feel great!

I am healthier, more positive, exercise more, enjoy life, look to the future, I have discovered the meaning of true friendships, am back to work doing a physically demanding job, still enjoy fantastic sex (practising for having a baby!), and still trying hard to give up the cigarrettes!

I have picked up a shattered world and stuck it all back together. I am measuring my life by it's depth, not it's length, and things are good.

I am very fortunate. I have got more than luck than I need, and send you what is left over x

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: positively positive new
      #65232 - 06/05/03 03:35 PM

What a terrific story! Thanks so much for sharing it. I know at the beginning it all seems so insurmountable! But you did it! When are you having a baby? You should try as soon as possible. Lots of women with HIV are having problems conceiving!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#65511 - 06/11/03 03:10 PM

Thanks for sharing your story. It is a great jump from 50 to 250 CD4 counts. All the best.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#109849 - 08/17/04 09:50 AM

are you still with the same man ?

Broken_Angel1
Guru

Reged: 02/26/04
Loc: Arizona
      #109851 - 08/17/04 02:56 PM

I am so glad you are taking the positive approach to this illness. Your blackboard of life has not been erased just altered. :) Your attitude will definitely help in your illness. I love your saying about the Depth of your life...you should post that in the "messages of hope and inspiration" post. ;) Be well...and live your life to the fullest...that is one thing the illness will never be able to take away from you.

--------------------
"No act of kindness,
no matter how small,
is ever wasted." AESOP

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3188

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3