The Body: The Complete HIV/AIDS Resource
Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: Expert Opinions on HIV Cure Research

HIV Life >> Women

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

i'm starting meds and i need feedback ...
      #64846 - 05/13/03 12:47 PM

Hello everyone! I found out about a year ago and yesterday my doc felt like i should start meds.... because my t cells were 267 and viral in the 40,000. he suggested i take epivir,viracept and ziagen. i'm researching these drugs but i wanted to hear from someone who is already taking them.... if anyone out there is please send me a response on if your getting any side affects and how you overall feel. i'm honestly scared i started my job (next month will be a year on the job) and i'm worried if i'll be all doped up or something on the job. also i tried looking for life insurance and i can't seem to find one in new york that will cover me. i hear if you are employed with a huge co. they don't test you. i'm not with one now (my co. is small) but if that's true i will try to change jobs. please someone get back to me... this is really scarry and i need some advice.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Rose
Unregistered

Re: i'm starting meds and i need feedback ... new
      #64884 - 05/16/03 06:58 PM

Why are you worried about life insurance? The drugs won't kill you! Im not on meds now...but I would ask the doctors here about these meds. http://www.thebody.com/Forums/AIDS/Starting/
Also ask why you can't get tenofovir. i heard it's a good drug.
Also call project inform. they talk to anyone about HIV treatment and they are helpful 1-800-822-7422
and in NY talk to AIDS Treatment Data Network:
1-800-734-7104. When I have a question these are the resources I use.
Good luck!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#65513 - 06/11/03 04:44 PM

i'll tell you the ones i've been on that i couldn't handle- zerit caused probably irreversible neuropathy in my feet. sustiva caused horrible hallucinatory nightmares, and viracept caused very embarassing uncontrollable diarrhea, no matter what i tried to stop it. right now i'm on viramune-makes my eyes water, viread and epivir- these don't seem to bother me at all, except of course for the high cholesterol that comes with seemingly all of them, and i'm also on meds for that. but of all of the combos i've been on, these three have been the least problematic. good luck!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#65937 - 06/18/03 12:05 PM

Hi there. I have been positive since 1995 and had to begin taking meds immediately. They didnít test for viral lode back then but my CD4 was 26. Obviously I was very sick by that time and didnít have much choice about meds. if I were going to live. There werenít very many options back then Retrovir (AZT) was about it. Then they introduced Protease Inhibitors. I then began taking sequinivir. And have been on two other regimens since then. I am currently at a CD4 of 826 and an undetectable Viral Lode. I happen to be a fan of the meds if there are no other alternatives. Your doctor should know what she is doing, and it has been my experience that taking the meds arenít going to kill you. I am currently taking Viramune, Retrovir and Ziagen, and this has worked better than anything Iíve tried so far. I donít have any side effects and obviously my counts are good. Good luck with your meds and try not to stress over it too much. That certainly wont help.

Grace
Unregistered

#66016 - 06/18/03 11:32 PM

CD4 of 800plus?? Good for you, whow, in my 9 years I've never gone over 560 or under 200. Right now I've been off meds for 8 mos & went from nondetectable to 20,000plus two months ago. Now, without meds my viral lode has gone down to 5,000 by itself, but my VL is 275.
Like you say, worry does no good, so i'll test again in 2 weeks & take immune building vits & eat healthy! Thanks for your post!! ~Grace

Anonymous
Unregistered

#92660 - 03/20/04 06:55 AM

Meds are good for you. Do some research on Side Effects and prepare yourself for the starting date.....Good Luck....

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 2768

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threadsô 6.2.3