Follow Us Follow Us on Facebook Follow Us on Twitter Download Our App
Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol

HIV Life >> Women

Pages: 1
Stormee
Unregistered

HIV pos 17 years
      #62929 - 04/05/03 08:17 AM

hello out there ~ just wanted to share my good news! with someone ~ anyone .... I have been hiv positive 17 years this Feb 3, 2003. I just got my latest lab results back and my CD4 count is at 770 and undetectable <4 years plus> I truly am surviving HIV .. as my website is named "Care surviving HIV". WE CAN and DO SURVIVE! to all out there ~ keep up the hope ~ keep the positive attitude ...it will take you far. Much love ~ stormee

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Every15Sec.
Unregistered

Re: HIV pos 17 years new
      #62933 - 04/05/03 10:01 AM

Congratulations to you! That is wonderful!

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Proving HIV is harmless new
      #63035 - 04/06/03 04:06 AM

Another socalled LTNPs or Long Term Non-Progressor 20+ years, George, has on his personal website, links to resources on the HIV MYTH and asks why 'survivors' or thrivers have not been studied...

http://www.riverpages.com

Also, Ed Sherbyn's website, "DRUGS KILL, NOT HIV" provides the testimony of himself as well as others who live in health without fear of 'AIDS'...

http://www.ed-sherbeyn.com

MORE TESTIMONIES AT WIZZARD OF POZ:
http://thewizardofpoz.com/stories.php3

Fred
Unregistered

#63186 - 04/07/03 12:19 PM

Hey Stormee! What a survivor...you give hope to those of us who were relatively recently infected. Way to go!

Fred

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: HIV pos 17 years(misleading) new
      #63413 - 04/09/03 04:03 PM

Care surviving HIV is very confusing and misleading. Which web sight are you refering to? Instead of telling about web sight share with us about your experience. How you servived with such good cd4 cells, what is your secret. I have seen our loved ones die with AIDS before even taking HIV medicne. If you have any solution please share with us.

sapphire
Unregistered

#64094 - 04/21/03 11:45 PM

Hey Stormee!! Congrates!! I never get the chance to chat with you anymore--hope you remember me. Again, congrates and keep up the wonderful spirit you have. Hope the kids are doing great!

Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Proving HIV is harmless new
      #139512 - 04/01/05 04:11 AM

[quote]Another socalled LTNPs or Long Term Non-Progressor 20+ years, George, has on his personal website, links to resources on the HIV MYTH and asks why 'survivors' or thrivers have not been studied...<br><br><br>http://www.riverpages.com<br><br>Also, Ed Sherbyn's website, "DRUGS KILL, NOT HIV" provides the testimony of himself as well as others who live in health without fear of 'AIDS'...<br><br>http://www.ed-sherbeyn.com<br><br> <br>MORE TESTIMONIES AT WIZZARD OF POZ:<br>http://thewizardofpoz.com/stories.php3<br><br> [/quote]

George of riverpages.com with my own comments.
As a long term survivor 24 years this summer, age 55 and many say I look 40's, still support myself (low income), and I am still in great health AND without ever having taken azt, cocktails, or any other meds for the HIV. Tcell count and viral loads have never been done, and not having medical plans I am not about to spend hundreds of dollars just to learn of some numbers that I have never needed to know.

Back in the 90's I heard of a lecture in SF by Dr. S. Lanka, German Virologist, myself and a friend attended and he said its not a virus but it is a condition (damaged cells etc). Well, "the test" for HIV is Not for a specific bug but it is for levels of several items, you fit that criteria an you are "considered" to be HIV reactive.

Whether it is a virus or a condition I can not say, but my belief is more towards it being a condition, consider the "poisons" of artificial or natural flavors (the latter still uses chemicals) and msds.org site shows many permanent dangers with those chemicals. Also consider hormones (rBST), genetic engineering of food, etc. We ARE what we eat. Ponder the thought if our mass-production of foods could be killing us.

The subject "Proving HIV is harmless" is deceptive and wrong. Whether it "is" a virus or a condition I feel that it is a risk to health. Even if it were a condition a persons "antibodies" passed through blood or "personal contact" could pass those antibodies on to a negative person, thus safe practices should still be observed.

The fears that are still imposed upon persons to find they have become HIV are wrong, the medical group still puts that fear into people, and urges them to immediately get onto pills.

I can only say that where I have never taken any pills that before one starts taking any meds that they consider the negative effects that pills often have upon the body, to consider whether they truly need them right now (are you fine and healthy otherwise?). Make your own decisions because one best knows their own body, or should.

I am proof, amongst others that people "can" live a long time with HIV, and without taking meds. Attitude is very important, also reducing any alcohol intake and similar is important, but do keep your life as normal as possible.... diet should be as normal as it's always been for you. If you should find that you've become positive but you can't "afford" meds due to low income or no medical coverage, don't fret....you are Not necessarily going to die and you too may very well live a long and healthy life.

To all those others who are long term survivors, congratulations! as you must be doing something right. And for those who are survivors with the help of meds I applaud you and your doctors and am glad that its all working out for you.

The term that the writer used of "socalled" long term survivor sounded rather cold and negative. Wrong attitude to have. Truly I am a survivor of 24 years (2005). Check out the "Believe It..." page on my site which shows some medical papers, one of the original HIV tests (reactive), and most recently my local clinic retested me With my name on the paper work and that results page came back showing reactive for all the multiple catagories.

HIV is NOT harmless.... BUT it is not necessarily a death sentence either. And people can live many years as a HIV positive person.

Again, my site does have multiple issues upon it, from personal stuff, community info, the alternative view on HIV, and some info about food risks and other items.

Best regards to everyone.

debtex
Veteran

Reged: 03/21/05
      #139777 - 04/07/05 04:07 PM

woohoo. I am sooo glad to hear about that. And I love to hear that. I too have been infected for 12 yrs...and went on meds soon after I found out...for years, but then went off per advise of a few docs I work with. so, really I thought I was just testing the waters, but was off for 2 yrs with a vl of 1000 and cd4 of about600 but then wanted to have a baby, I went back on. since my son has been born 9 months ago...my tcells are still about 700 and this part AMAZES me... my viral load...are you ready..is only 420!! if it had been 399 it would show undetectable. I am so totally amazed with that, and I don't know how, or why..I am surviving this. When I was first diagnosed, I convinced everyone...i will be ok, but thought I was just blabbing to sound good. But I am really winning this. and right now...I am winning without meds. I just did my labs again the other day, (3 months was last one) but will keep you posted on the results.

debtex
Veteran

Reged: 03/21/05
      #139778 - 04/07/05 04:09 PM

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to run off of that "misleading" post. Being poz for such a long time and winning is not misleading. I was just hitting reply...didn't realize what post it was off of. Stormee...I am soo happy for you!! you are and will win!! keep up the good work!!

Anonymous
Unregistered

#140051 - 04/13/05 08:42 PM

I'm doing great and don't have a secret. I put my Faith in God yrs ago when my viral load shot up. I prayed and asked for his help. My viral load has never been above 2000 since than.

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 3979

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3