Professionals >> Visit The Body PROThe Body en Espanol
Read Now: TheBodyPRO.com Covers AIDS 2014

HIV Life >> Women

Pages: 1
Anonymous
Unregistered

Worried about the future of women
      #6182 - 06/25/00 11:46 AM

I am really concerned about the future of women w/ this illness. It used to be that only homosexual males or drug users got this virus. Now women are the highest growing number of infected cases. I think that more efforts need to be made on educating women/ teenaged girls on how to protect themselfs from this virus. I myself never thought I could be at risk, after all I am a clean heterosexual female. I graduated from college, have a good job, have a really nice apartment,a nice auto, cloths, clean friends, money, everything a stereotypical "Good Girl" would have... But all it takes is one exposure to an infected male. I haven't tested positive yet, I have had all the symptoms but have tested neg and am on my 5th mo. What ever I have, it is a funky virus that I caught and I am almost positive that it was from my last sexual experience with a guy that I though was clean. I tested for other STD's, all negative.. I know I don't have the flu, not mono, not another STD, unless they don't have a name for it yet.. The thing is that all the time that I spent being picky about who I slept with, all the time I spent prtecting myself could be washed down the drian, and I could catch HIV from someone else's careless sexual activies.. This is the same for all women... Please start to spread the word to other women, we need to take care of ourselfs. After all, WE ARE AT THE GREATEST RISK FOR HIV AND WE ARE THE ONES THAT LEAST EXPECT IT.

Post Extras: Remind Me!   Notify Moderator  
Anonymous
Unregistered

Re: Worried about the future of women new
      #6280 - 06/27/00 07:59 PM

Welcome to the real world sweetie.. Even clean good girls have sex. Good luck on continuing to test negative.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#6294 - 06/28/00 04:57 AM

I don't believe that women fear the possiblity of HIV... Especially if they don't hang out in drug circles, or if they don't sleep around.. After all, HIV use to be a homosexual desease.. I never thought 2wice about it..

anxious

Reged: 07/05/00
Loc: canadadada
i agree new
      #6741 - 07/06/00 02:06 PM

i agree completely. it sucks doesn't it especially if youre like me who is way to damn young and unprepared to have this... everyone keeps telling me im freaking out needlessly since my exposure is considered very low risk and all that but still.. all these symptoms (awaiting the 6 week test results *crosses fingers*)??? bleh.. it'll be hard to try and make a global turnaround in women but im for your cause ^^.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#8266 - 08/11/00 02:32 AM

I try my best not to get upset anymore, because I won't allow my this illness to take control of my life. I truly uderstand you, Thank God you're negative as of now. Unfortunately for me I wasn't, and I was always the faithful "good girl" type, so to speak. Never cheated, my experience compare to others sounds so innocent and simple. I was always so shy when coming to sex, and because of someone who did me wrong, I have to live with this. The thing is I'm not even sure how I got this because my ex-boyfriend of 4 years on/off is negative. The only one I can think of is the "BASTARD", who I thought was a friend of mine forced me to have sex after I innocently went to his house. How can I even tell anyone this when their reaction would be "why did I go to his house"? I'm sure I'm not the only person this has happened to. I strongly believe it's him who infected me because after that he disappeared into thin air, not even his friends knows about his whereabouts, and shortly after he did that to me, he called me, apologized, and told me he'll always love me no matter what. Shortly after, I got flulike symptons which disappeared and a few years later I was diagnosed with AIDS. BE CAREFUL LADIES, BECAUSE MOST GUYS THINK WHEN WE SAY NO WE MEAN YES. I'M GOING TO BEAT THIS AIDS THING, AND ONE DAY MY STORY WILL COME OUT TO SAVE OTHERS. IF THEY'RE OTHERS OUT THERE WHO THINK THIS HAS HAPPENED TO THEM, PLS LV YR EMAIL ADDRESSES, AND MAYBE WE CAN HELP SOMEONE ELSE.

Anonymous
Unregistered

#13116 - 12/01/00 06:55 PM

If there are any women interested in sharing their story for a possible news story and help spread the word of how important it is for women to look out for themselves. PLEASE e-mail me immediately at beansi@hotmail.com

thanks,
candice

Pages: 1

What's New at TheBody.com

Additional Information
0 registered and 1 anonymous users are browsing this forum.

Moderator:  TheBody, bogart, crabman, riverprincess 

Permissions
      You cannot start new topics
      You cannot reply to topics
      HTML is enabled
      UBBCode is enabled

Thread views: 5308

Jump to

Contact Us | Privacy Statement The Body

UBB.threads™ 6.2.3